2 days on BO now, using BS, but hughe difference in inventory!? 900 lots and 1mio parts missing?

Hi guys, greetings to all!
we just opened our shop an BO...and .. we allready like it a lot here!
BUT - after having gotten Bricksync to work, there are 600 instructions missing - 300 minifigs and about 1mio parts in volume.

How come? We dont know what to do. Why does BS not "see" the lots?

Kindest regards to all BO user
Snasnar, Nono & Baeh
from germanparts

Comments

• 14 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Is there a limitation to 40.000 lots?
  • I never heard of there being a limit on number of lots, but @Lawrence will be able to answer that.

What I think are the most likely explanations are that those items either aren't on BrickOwl or they don't have a matching BrickLink ID (so BrickSync can't sync them and so it doesn't add them to BO).

You can get a list of the problematic items by running "owlresolve" in BrickSync. This will list the items in your BrickLink inventory that BrickSync can't find a correspondence for in BrickOwl. You can then go through the list and for each item find it on the BrickOwl catalog, edit it, and add the BrickLink ID (under the "ID Numbers" section). If you can't find the item in the catalog, then it might not exist, and so it has to be added first.
  • Ok. Thanks a lot.
    I will check that.

We have more than 40k Lots . So if bo counts exactly 40k in the inventory that would be a coincidence...
  • I see you are missing around 10.000 items in your store and 700 lots, that is provably because those lots does not exist on brickowl or they doesn't have the BL ID submitted.

You can check that list in Bricksync by writing "owlresolve".
  • There is indeed a 40,000 lot limit on the page where you manage your inventory, so as to avoid performance issues. I don't believe this would have an effect on your store itself though. As you have over 10,000 empty lots, you may want to remove these to speed things up.
  • 10000 empty lots?
    I assume this is where 1 mio parts are missing compared to bl.?
    We have 39000 aktive at bl and way les than 10000 in stockroom.

Please check lawrence.
    Maybe the 40k Limit is responsible for Lots not beeing Filled with parts?

According to the 39k aktive at bl the 40k limit should not be reached?
    Something must be wrong there
  • @Lawrence
    Maybe i should delete the inventory and sync again?
    Maybe there were "leftovers:" from my prior Test Upload of about 1000 parts via bsx Import?
    But i deleted them before we used bricksync.

What to do?
  • To my understanding...
    Bricksync Does not syncronise stockroom items...does it?

I set retain emptylots =1
  • If you take a look at your inventory on Brick Owl, you will see filters on the left hand side, these identify lots that have zero quantity, which is what we refer to by empty lots.
  • yes Lawrence, I anderstand that. But I did not upload empty lots. All our lots should have some qty.
    It must be a sync or database error.
    I try the solve thing now.
  • Then try clicking on that menu "Filter -> Quantity -> 0 (1XXXX)" Then select all categories and in the drop down click on delete. Then click update button.

After that go to Bricksync and write "blmaster on" press enter and write "blmaster off" and press enter again.

This will make the Brickowl inventory the same as the one in BL.

Due to the Brickowl catalog missing some items and some BL IDs the inventory here will be with less items and lots than in BL.

To see which items don't sync you can write "owlresolve" and you will see a list.

If you want to add this items to brickowl you would need to see if they are in the catalogue and submit the BL ID in the edit tab. If they does not exist you can create them here: https://www.brickowl.com/catalog/create and when they are created you need to submit the BL ID.
  • GThanks a lot for the detailed explanation.
    I will try that.
  • Hi

looks much better now! but I we cant sell many of or items - as we have 44000 different lots on bricklink now and we are running into this 40k lots limitation.
    Maybe @Lawrence is willing to make it a 50k limitation as we are constantly add new items?

kindest regards
    ralph / snasnar
  • As far as I’m aware it should only affect the inventory management tools. It shouldn’t affect the actual selling of items. Unfortunately we do need to keep the limit to avoid performance issues.