Parting out different sets at one time

Lawrence,

Have you ever considered making a feature like this:
Parting out different sets at one time (well, maybe up to 4-5 different sets, each with multiple quantity, if possible).
Many parts duplicate, especially from sets from the same theme/category.

I have a few big sets to part out, quantity of each 1-5, but I don't feel like doing it separately, too much work ;)

Please think if it's possible.
Best,
Isabel

Besides, that would nicely differ from TOS (The Other Site) ;)

Comments

• 14 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I would not currently use it, but I am sure I will in the future as I grow larger.
    I can see a "Bulk part out" tool. You could type in the set numbers, qty, and condition. Then hit "part out".

Great Idea +1

Chris
  • What would this be used for, do you open up all of the sets and pour the parts into a big pile together?
  • What would this be used for, do you open up all of the sets and pour the parts into a big pile together?
    Exactly. And I pre-sort them all at the same time.

When I have similar sets from one theme (e.g. Police or Fire or Star Wars ships), the parts often are the same (not just basic parts, but specific to the theme as well), and it would be nice to part them all at once.

And why not, even part some different themes if possible (Modular, Star Wars, City) - and then when parts are presorted, put all plates / bricks / modified / etc. into their own container at one time.

Just a thought. No pressure. But please consider :)
    Best,
    Isabel
  • It sounds horrific, but I'll note it down,
  • Come on, you can make it :D

Thanks,
    Isabel
  • I have to agree with Lawrence....sounds like punishment to me personally....but who am I to judge?
  • I have to agree with Lawrence....sounds like punishment to me personally....but who am I to judge?
    It's just a simple suggestion, why such a heavy word as "punishment"?
    No pressure at all. Who am I to demand?

I don't get it, but never mind :)

Best,
    Isabel
  • I do this too, have marathon sorting days with multiples of a few different sets being separated in groups before storing away.

One group of similar bags at a time mind you, not from one big pile :)

Having the option to have it all in one go has bonuses for me thinking of the decisions after confirming parts and quantity like pricing and quantities to various locations.

Personally though I would probably not use it if there were not steps, sets separated with check boxes for individual items and a merge function at the end, before the final merge into inventory.

It would mirror on site the process I've used with brickstore *when applicable*. I'd have the sets in their own windows, merge after all are checked, then decide what to do with them. A more elaborate stockroom system as well here that quantities can be sent too and things are getting nice and contained without external software filling that need. (not a bad sales pitch eh?)

Joe
  • I think he means parting out a bunch of different sets at once sounds like punishment. It seems like writing the algorithm would be easy enough. Then again, I only kludge along in html and basic.
  • To clarify: I did mean the parting out of multiple different sets at once. When I part out I can sometimes take up the entire room with x number of copies of a medium sized set. The work and room it would take me to part out multiple sets at once seems like punishment to me. Some larger sets have to be done in batches even for me..ie modulars. Soooo many different lots. But as I said who am I to judge :)
  • Thinking about it, just having a nice stockroom system things can be parted out into and manipulated well, export and whatnot, it would eliminate the need for the staring idea to begin with. For me.

Joe
  • Thanks everyone for claryfying :)

I don't mind working hard with parting out a lot of different sets, that's why I definitely wouldn't connect a word "punishment" with any LEGO work :)

I have a good storage system and well organized sorting place with a big table, and my sons are eager to help me (in exchange for their favourite minifigs of course), so the only thing I miss is the site tool to make it easier and faster :)

At the first post I said it's too much work - just to be more convincing :)

Best,
    Isabel
  • BrickStore can handle the data merge if you really feel like doing it this way.
This discussion has been closed.