How to cancel an order and update inventory with BrickSync

Hi,

For the first time I just got an order returned to me and so I'm trying to figure out how to process it.

First of all I refunded it. I went through the "Refund" screen and refunded each part, Only after it did I notice there's a "Cancel" option, so that might have been easier (but the end result seems to be the same, as the order shows as cancelled now).

While refunding I didn't choose to "Return to Stock" because I'm both here and on BL and use BrickSync to manage the inventory. Was this a mistake?

So now I thought I could just download the order and add the parts using BrickSync's add command. But the input for that command is a BrickStock file (.bsx) and I don't get the option to download in that format (the options for download are (CSV, TSV, and XML).

So how to I go about this? Do I need to download as XML, open it in BrickStock, save it as a .bsx file, and then "add" using BrickSync? And is "add" the command I should be using?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • BrickSync will have saved a XML file with the contents of the order within the bricksync folder structure. It will be in the bricksync/data/orders folder and be named something like "brickowl-<order number>.bsx" or something (I don't currently have it installed so can't check). You can use BrickSync's merge comment to add the contents of the order back into your inventory, after checking the file ofc.
  • Thanks for pointing that option out @Hoddie and @BasKrie
    I'm running into a problem though, when running the "add" command:

INFO: Loaded inventory has 1 items in 1 lots.
    WARNING: Lot has no remarks : "LEGO Nya - Skybound Minifigure" (njo200) in "(Not Applicable)" and "New", with quantity of 1.
    INFO: Command aborted! To override the warnings, just append the -f flag to force the command.

Does it mean I have to have a remark on each of the lots?
  • If you want to have a location for your item yes, if you don't need it you can force the command by adding "-f" at the end:

"add 123.bsx -f"
  • >> To override the warnings, just append the -f flag to force the command.

This particular warning is for those who use the remarks field to store the item's location in their inventory. Just override as above.
  • That did the job. I was a bit concerned about "forcing" it, but if all it's worried about is the remarks field then it's fine.

Thanks for the help guys! Definitely the easiest way to re-add cancelled orders to the inventory.