Importing Bricklink Inventory

Hello guys,

I used Brickstore in the past to import my Bricklink inventory to a XML file and then upload it to BrickOWL inventory. Now I discover that something was changed and most of the sets and parts will generate error when imported with Brickstore.

The conclusion is that maybe something was changed in the way that Bricklink generate a XML file, because it worked well a few months ago, and now dont!

I know that exist a tool called "bricksync" that synchronizes both inventories, but I would like to copy and paste manually my inventory without use a synchronization.

Is there anybody here that use a tool for that? Or maybe am I doing something wrong with Brickstore?

Thank you
Luis

Comments

• 12 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Try BrickStock which is a newer version of BrickStore. Or I might have that back to front in not sure. You can then import the bsx file using the inventory page here, though be prepared for BrickOwl not recognising everything, so some things will need to be added manually.
  • Thank you. It's normal that brickowl don't recognize everything, but before Brickstock could import sucefully 400 items in a total of 410.10 errors is not bad. But now in 410 items brickstock can only recognize about 140...somerhing change.... I will try Beickstore.

Thanks again
  • Olá Luis :)

Benvindo aqui ao BrickOwl ;)

Please reconsider bricksync, even for a oneoff upload it works pretty neat.

Other than that you'll have to download the current version of BrickStock but don't forget to update the database (in the Extras tab) because BrickLink makes some changes to the catalog now and then.

Hope that helps,
    Abraço lusitano
  • Olá Paulo :)

I used Bricksync before just for testing proposes and I agree with you that when properly configured its a nice tool for synchronizing, even if used in just one way or only one upload. I think its more useful for parts when selling on both sites.

Right now I just want to upload my sets from Bricklink to OWL. As about the parts I will maintain them on Bricklink only, at least for now.

So I guess I will try Brickstock using your advice :) Maybe I will have success.

Yes! That helped a lot! Thank you :)
    Abraço lusitano
  • Mardosul,
    If you only want to upload to BO using your current BL inventory list (and NOT sync to sell on both platforms) - which I did a few years ago - if memory serves, I saved off my BL inventory as an XML file and simply imported it into BO using the upload tool under MyStore. I then downloaded a list of items that were unrecognized, all of which were older stickered parts that were not in the BO catalog at that time. I hope this helps a little bit!
  • Calibrick,

I never found a direct way on OWL to import a XML file from Bricklink. I think it was available at the very beginning of OWL but it was then retired. The actual Upload OWL tool only works for Brickstore BSX files, or XML OWL files. Anyway I used Brickstock instead of Brickstore and it worked for my inventory. Im a little bit older and my memory is not the same :) So my error is that I was using Brickstore instead of Brickstock because the upload tool on OWL also "call" to BSX files Brickstore files instead of Brickstock files. Now I hope not to forget again...

The rule is always use Brickstock instead of Brickstore :)

Thanks a lot for your contribution guys. Its really good to see that there are Bricklink alternatives and that this community is alive :)
  • I'm really glad you made it work, Mardosul, that's awesome! I have Brickstock, so maybe I used it as an intermediary (I'm getting older myself, sigh, so perhaps my memory failed me there). I'm so sorry I didn't have a correct and easy answer for you, but am super-glad it worked out!

Welcome to BO!!! You'll find lots of your peers are willing to help answer questions - goodness knows, plenty of folks here helped me on the forums when I first setup my store! :-)
  • You helped Calibrick 😉
  • I am new to OWL & have created my store & trying to upload my inventory from BL.
    I'm running BrickStock (latest version, free private use) & have noticed they removed the feature to import BL store inventory, therefore being unable to save as .bsx for uploading into OWL.
    Is this because I am not running the commercial (paid) version with a registration key?
    I have also tried to upload via xml from BL download file but am getting lots of LOTID errors.
    Any other suggestions would be welcome, I'm currently looking into BrickSync...
  • Welcome to BO, @grimsbricksuk ! The Lot ID errors may be items that are not in the BO catalog (or do not have brickstock IDs associated in the BO catalog)... do they appear to all be stickered items? If so, that is almost certainly the issue. We all have been through that. :-(
  • Thanks @Calibrick - I processed my first OWL order today & I must say I’m impressed with this site, having been an advocate of BL for a few years I can see the pros & cons of both sites.
    I managed to successfully upload my inventory using BrickSync, man that’s a handy tool!
  • Congrats, that is awesome @grimsbricksuk! I opened my store here exclusively a year and a half ago, and haven't looked back since - the admin is super responsive, the forum is very friendly, and it's a great place to hang out! :-)