Minifigure Dimensions

So I'm filling out missing information in my store, 4-Lom is missing actual dimensions (shipping estimate exists). All parts contain dimensions in their uncolored form. Should this not fill in the dimensions? I realize they change slightly when assembled, but is this not possible?

Tyson.

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • We would like to do automated shipping dimensions but this isn't something that's been implemented. Dimensions are copied if another Minifigure has the exact same inventory with only decoration differences
  • I have a suggestion for shipping dims automation:

Take https://www.brickowl.com/catalog/lego-the-big-bad-wolf-minifigure as example.

Take the minimum dimension from all dims in inventory:

Head: 17mm
    Torso: 8 mm
    Legs: 9 mm

The maximum for this set should be = to the height for the overall shipping minifigure (ie the head can be turned for shipping)

So now we have [blank] L x [blank] W x 17mm H.

I think than taking the additive of the Length and Width is a fair approximation on the other two.

Head: 24mm x 17mm x 24mm
    Torso: 16mm x 8mm x 19mm
    Legs: 16mm x 9mm x 20mm

That would give 56 mm x 34mm x 17mm shipping dimensions which I think is close enough to be reasonable.

Thoughts?
  • It's certainly something we'd like to look into implementing, but isn't something we have scheduled at this point in time
  • edited November 2019 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @leopard37, I do like your idea a lot - one challenge I can think of is that somehow the system would need to know to exclude any auto-calcs for items using any additional or nonstandard pieces. Some hair has bigger dimensions then others, for example (take a big poofy-on-the-top hairdo vs a plain close-to-the-head hairdo). It's a really intriguing thought, though. Or larger figure pieces like Bane with the big host attachments... or regular minifigs but have hair accessories on top, such as a crown. That would be the one challenge I can think of offhand, but maybe there's some kind of hidden system tag to determine where something like this could be applied later?
  • I should have mentioned that this would be applied to all pieces, not just the basic three. It was just a simple example. You would have the same logic apply to all pieces in the minifigure inventory.
  • @leopard37, ahh gotcha. I probably should have made that mental assumption on my end actually, lol. Rough week over here, too much going on. :-)

+1