The novice LEGO buyer's experience

In trying to add the correct Millennium Falcon cockpit to sell, had to search on BrickSet the set number, 75105. That brought up the ability to view the parts list. The part number from LEGO is 6230167. Once selected, a flag appeared saying none were available on BL.
That is largely because BL uses a bogus number set for parts- in this case : 47543pb05
Thought, okay, let's put the LEGO number in the search field on BL- nothing.
Now, veterans, you know there are lots of entries of the bogus number for sale on that site---.
The LEGO number 6230167 comes up on BrickOwl in the search box- YAY, but, the question is how does BrickOwl get a place on that flag?
We have images courtesy of BrickSet, why not a buying flag?

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Brickset did used to have links to BrickOwl but they were removed. I have no idea why but always assumed it was part of the commission deal between BS/BL.
  • I have the same guess, and hope eventually when BL sells (didn't I read on their forum last summer the owner was thinking or was definitely letting it go?) that may cause them to have to "renew" contracts such as this, which may give @lawrence an in to negotiate which those folks.
  • Feet are being shot off daily, buyers are going to other sites. Non-tenacious folks, meek lovely beings are feeling overwhelmed and sales are lost in these kind of possible id. numbers, territory war games.
    We are left with the likes of us: smileys abound as I say this!, we don't want to shoot our sales in the foot with LEGO guns and we want to broadly encourage the ones who have newly found LEGO buying, building, reclaiming!
    thanks always, @Hoddie and @Calibrick for the possible history. "We just don't know what we just don't know."
  • edited November 2019 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Just to be super pedantic 6230167 is the ElementID. This identifies the part *and* its colour or decoration. The LEGO part number is 96922. There's 2 ElementID's for this part, LEGO does this when there's a mould, colour or decoration change that may be so minor you can't even tell [such as a new plastic].
    EDIT:- And yes, the BL made up numbers can be infuriating, but they have to stick with them I guess, as they're historically significant to them.
  • Sorry for the rant-
    My heart is for the new buyer- Want them to find BrickOwl first! LEGO numbers should give results and it's great that a Google search leads to BrickOwl...even with ElementID- Yay!
    ...and find all of you beautiful community members here who are there to help and just want to get LEGO to those who are searching (and you have no other cause to post about).
    D
    [Gave Scott my Christmas list- to hear music on our 3 Bose once again- aol radio shut down and have to subscribe to apple to get anything, but is less that previously offered- have the now-enriched Sirius subscription but ...on a Mac Desktop, learning curve...learned so much from you all- Bose put a call out to other corps in the last few months to say, give us your ideas for an API to get our products to work with SiriusXM, Alexa, etc. Been in the works. Now, months later, may be solved. Who knew, they, an international company, needed this much help...with API's...but BrickOwl apparently knows how to do this, from the start! BrickOwl is just the best!]
  • Edit: iTunes radio---hundreds of international channels- gone