Show Weight in Cart *AND* How Much More Weight Buyers Can Add Before Next Shipping Rate Increase

When shopping in a store, please show buyers the weight of all items in their cart AND how much more weight buyers can add before the next shipping rate increase. Doing so will help promote larger orders and more fees for BO.

As an example, my international priority mail rates increase every 400 grams. If a buyer has 320 grams in their cart, it would be great if BO could let them know that weight AND that they can add up to 80 more grams for the same shipping price.

This is a win-win-win for sellers, buyers and BO.

Thor

NOTE: One complexity to this (but one which should not be too hard to code around) is when 2 or more shipping methods overlap and are available to the buyer and these shipping methods have different weight bands. For example, for packages up to 1.6 kg, I offer First Class and Priority Mail shipping to my international buyers. My First Class rates change every 100 grams and my Priority Mail rates change every 400 grams. Perhaps BO could show the above information for both methods. Or, if info can be shown for only one method at a time, default it to the Priority Mail method (since that is where the bigger rate increases occur).

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I have not done much store browsing, but this was one of the first things I found made my shopping style more difficult. I basically always fill up to my wieght limit if it's advertized.

I also always offer to see how much room for buyers so to have it done already would be a great time saver.
This discussion has been closed.