So Lovely here on BrickOwl!

Thank you so much @Lawrence for your timely responses to issues. You seem to read everything and are just so wise in what to respond to and what not to take on...Valued! Must also have a great responsive email link for problems because we don't see any being laid bare before us on the Forum and we personally have never had to use the Help resources available.

Thank you to all who contribute to the catalogue (we have looked at your stats- very Impressive!)...and provide all those great new images!

Thank you to the Forum posters- @WESTIEKATH , @Hoddie , @Calibrick , @Teup , @Graham , @firestar246 , @Stellar , so many others (you know who you are!) and all who communicate with such graciousness on this lazy but effective forum.
We have learned so much from you!

Really love the absence of drama and issues related to buying...and selling...with great intuitive resources for both! makes things so easy for both types of users!

This level of silence also means we are all just listing, selling, buying...Love It!

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • edited November 2019 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @One_Click_Off - thank you for the mention. I always try and help when I can which is nowhere near as much as the pros on here. My store is pretty new compared too many others and I remember well the fantastic advice I was given when I posted help question. Brick Owl - ( Lawrence, stores and customers) are fab _ I don't know what I used to do in my spare time :). My hobby is taking over my free time but hey so what I say :smiley :smiley:
    Good luck to your store in the future
  • I can do drama if it's ever needed :) But I'm just trying to pass on the help others gave to me over the years.
  • Thank you, @Hoddie for that laugh out loud comment! Most responses to your posts result in thanks, so, nothing new here.
    @WESTIEKATH you bring a smile and you also leave a smile.
    :)
  • @One_Click_Off thank you for the kind mention! I'm just trying to pay it forward... sooooo many people helped me on here a LOT when I was starting out, including (just some names that jump to mind, not leaving anyone out purposely), @Pikka, @Graham, @leopard37, @Jay37, @lawrence, and just too many to name! This is a wonderful, giving place, that is FOR SURE!!!
  • +1! :) Balanced activity on both sides (using the site and developing the site) and contact between the admin and the user base works wonders. That's not to say I don't have a (short) list of things I would really like to see or like to see changed, but with so many users and so many questions and concerns I think Lawrence is doing a great job.
    Setting up a webshop is already tricky business - I can't imagine how much work running a whole platform brings along, even with a team.
  • Thanks for your comments =)
  • @Teup , you are probably the only one we would accept the greater than 4-letter expletives like "interface", "developing", "platform" or the like, from :#
    Glad you are here with your pragmatics and excellence for anything that may need to be looked into further.
  • Phrase of the day: "the greater than 4-letter expletives like "interface", "developing", "platform" or the like"

I love it, love it, love it... just finished (for my real job) drafting a transitioning guide for moving from a legacy software monolith into a containerized, modular open system and if I saw the words "interface", "API", "loose coupling" etc., one more time today I was going to scream.

The above phrase was just sooooooooo well timed - I truly did laugh out loud! It's just so well put. :-)