Notes for Quotes

I for one would find it very handy to have a little "note to self" field to note down a reminder of the shipping option details that I have quoted the potential buyer for. At the moment when I go back to check on a quote I can only see the amount I have quoted for, but my sieve like memory cannot remember off hand if it was 1st or 2nd class, signed for, etc, etc.

I realise that when a quote is accepted and turns into an order then my "quote note" that was initially sent to the buyer is then displayed as part of the order (which is why I always describe the quote details to the buyer as the time of quoting). But I don't see why the quote note cannot be displayed on submitted quotes that are still waiting to be accepted.

Anyway, just an idea.

Cheers!

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • On the topic of quotes, I wish the field could be auto populated by the automatic shipping cost calculation. Even better if you could just click on your shipping methods, such as in your case "1st class", "2nd class", etc, and the correct charges would appear in that box as if a buyer would check out with that method.

I actually rarely have quotes, but when I enter a quote, 9 times out of 10 it'd be just what would be automatically calculated. I would just find myself trying to make sure I am not accidentally under- or overcharging them, and I'd be going over my shipping methods manually to make sure.

Would save trouble, errors, and it should be easy to make.
  • +1 on both of these
  • +1 on the quote notes to self *and* auto shipping costs!
This discussion has been closed.