Buyers having shipping problem

Been on here for a few months and as a rule everything os going well. Had problems at the start setting the shipping settings up. I was aware that if you 'cross' the parameters of each option computer would say 'No'. So through trial and error I have UK under 100g, UK over 100g and Europe under 100g, I believe I have even set it up correctly for orders under 100g but over 'large letter' size. Anything else should come in as 'request a quote'.
Haven't had any problems until this week when I have had two buyers stating they couldn't complete checkout. Both were within the UK and both orders were under 100g. They are asking me why and I haven't got a clue!
Has anything changed on the site this week or could I be making an error in my posting fees section?
Thanks!

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • You might want to check, and see if youve added weight or volume (size) limitations and/or correctly, also that you haven't put restrictions on min/max price for that shipping option

There are a lot of variables :)

Graham
  • edited November 2013 Vote Up0Vote Down
    You have a small height limit of 8cm on your biggest uk shipping method. Ideally you should have a shipping method with very large dimensions limits as a sort of "catch all" for bigger orders, otherwise customers can't buy anything bigger than 8cm. Alternatively you could enable request a quote so customers have an option.
  • I really dont' know how to do this anymore. Is there a template that I can use from somewhere please? I'm sure it's simple but I can't get my head around it.
  • There is, if you create a new shipping method, there are prefilled Royal Mail templates. The easiest thing to do though wold be enable request a quote as it doesn't have any dimension limits.
  • Figured out why this is happening. When an order containing an instruction manual comes through it throws up this anominally. Take out the instruction manual from the order and it goes through fine! Why is this? They are only small manuals so weight or size shouldn't make any difference. I have had to sell the manuals as an extra separate to the main order. Anyone else had this?
  • If the instructions don't have dimensions, then it will assume its a big manual. If you go to the edit tab on the instructions you can enter correct dimensions. It isn't specific to just instructions, it's because the maximum dimensions for your largest shipping method are below the systems dimensions for the item.