Back to the old colours again

Right on the advice people on here I have started to make colour palettes. I have started to order 1x2 s from various stores and they have very kindly marked the colours for me. Is there anywhere that I can pick up the full list of colours in order of shades - for instance light blue through to dark blue etc please?

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I know here on BO, if you go to Browse, and select Parts, if you scroll down you can see a list of every color that a part exists on this site in... also on BL, they have a color catalog. I hope that helps, Kath! :-)
  • If you want to really get into colours there's a book called the Unoffical Lego Color Guide. I got this a while back and it's a great reference for collecting the more obscure colours.
  • Be aware that some people might also not know exactly what colours they have and may have listed incorrectly, both here and BL. I thought I'd struck lucky a couple of times when I saw some sellers with 1x2 plates in trans neon yellow, only to receive trans neon green. A bit of digging revealed it had never been released as a plate in that colour, so had to make do with a brain stalk instead!
  • @Calibrick thanks that is really helpful - much appreciated.
    Thank you @Pippyblocks might have a look for that book.
    @Jay37 tbh so far ive only had the common colours and that's confusing enough :D :D
  • I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has the Unofficial LEGO Color Guide (assume the one by Christoph Bartneck). I understand the first edition had some printing and typesetting issues, but wonder if the second edition from 2018 has addressed these. The entry on Amazon mentions "several new colors and their data", suggesting the first edition was far from comprehensive. To the best of my knowledge Coral is the only new one for some time and this book is unlikely to have that, so am intrigued as to what the 'new' colors are.