Amazon are nuts!

So I get there policy of not refunding the difference if you buy on Monday but they reduce the price on Tuesday.
But it’s a really stoopid policy!
Bought 8 premium sets about 3 weeks ago, last week they reduced the price 20%. So I asked anyway, and was reminded of their policy.
Solution I buy the same 8 sets, and return those same 8 sets. Cost to return $18. I’m still ahead by a few 100 bucks. Crazy 😜
Oh and on the reason for return they ask the reason and price

Now they have 8 sets to restock, not to mention time and resources wasted! And the unfortunate post lady now gets stuck with all the BIG packages, UPS deliver the envelopes.
/rant

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Entitle this, "never again on Lego.com"- We bought Corner Garage to take to the grandkids for our Fall break. What arrived was "The Upside Down", same price. Took two calls, 2 hours with Lego to get them to then change our invoice to The Upside Down, to be able to go to a FedEx location to send back to them. approx. $4.00 repacking charge. They (TLG) said, this has never happened. We have to put you on hold to figure this out. When they came back on and said they changed our invoice to reflect The Upside Down to be able to process the return and refund us, we said, Please be on the lookout for someone who received the Corner Garage and needs to return it for the Upside Down...
    Never again buying direct!
  • @Graham, whenever I'm in that position I start an online chat with Amazon and tell them that's exactly what I'm going to do unless they refund the difference in price. They relent about 50% of the time, and the rest I just return and re-order. It's risky though, Amazon have hidden thresholds where serial returners/complainers are banned from the store.
  • I’ve had damaged sets from TLG, due to poor packing, their response (after asking for photos as proof) “thank you for letting us know” “we’ll let the warehouse know, so that it doesn’t happen again”