Does anyone BUY pieces

Is anyone a buyer of pieces and or instruction books. I have a lot of one of pieces from sets include printed tile and minifigures plus some instruction booklets I am looking to sell. thanks Robert

Comments

• 23 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I would say most buyers on Brickowl buy pieces rather than complete sets; certainly the availability of sets is much lower than that of individual parts on this marketplace.
  • Yes, what Oldfan said - 99% of my sales are pieces. My store does fine selling parts and even instruction books (more then I expected of the latter, though my expectations were pretty low <g>).

Or Robert, are you asking if anyone on here buys full lots? I think you can setup a custom lot here in Brickowl, though I've never tried. I generally sort giant used lot buys from elsewhere (locally is certainly the cheapest, avoiding shipping costs <s>).
  • Actually I am asking if anyone buys pieces and instruction books. I am looking to sell to stores on Brick Owl. don't have enough to establish a store. (sort of to replenish your store's stock) I live on Long Island. I can take photo's of the pieces I am looking to sell and email if anyone is interested.
  • I would by some star wars ones if you have any but I would have to decide witch ones I wanted (if any) It would be great if you could send me pics! ( would also buy some pieces!...
  • ok let me talk to my wife and see if you can arrange some pictures to send you of the instruction books( I think we have a Star Wars instruction) and some pieces
  • @robertdesimone @PhilFT I really think you should let @Lawrence get his cut for providing the platform for you to sell to each other...
  • Agree with Leopard... just setup a custom lot if you proceed with the transaction and everyone is good. :-)
  • @Calibrick concur, but how do you setup/ sell a custom lot? Haven’t figured that out.
  • Catalogue submission, we presume, but the selling part needs a store first, @robertdesimone .
    We hate Boinicle but have tons, have been thinking of just bagging for a bulk buy submission. Don't know why TLG did these, and then renaming Hero..., they are dark, for sure.
  • Problem with “custom” submission that a lot would fall under category “set” and the requirement that “A custom set would need to be of your own design” there is no option to submit a lot that I can see.
  • So what you're not saying @Graham is that there "could be" a New demarcate of "Bulk" or "Lot" in each category and a cross- category reference, say "Star Wars", "Minifigure", "Parts", "Marvel" that denotes a group of items, and would have an inherent seller-supplied photo attached to each, but would come up in searches for these...among others that are yet to be created? Is that what you are not saying? Does anyone want this?
  • I would like to see a custom bulk listing where sellers could sell mixed lots by the kg (and perhaps an additional one where mixed lots could be sold by the lb for our US sellers). Sellers would need to note what was being sold, eg "Mixed Bionicle" or "Mixed system, no figures", etc.
  • I like that Idea, maybe @Lawrence can do something like that!!?
  • @One_Click_Off I like that interpretation 😉
  • @graham, I've never sold a custom lot here... but I've seen people say they do that here off and on for over a year now, so frankly just assumed there was one to use that each seller tailors with comments. Where is that tailorable lot, @lawrence?

If you're in a serious short-term pinch you could find a catalog item reasonably close to the price you're selling peer to peer (so as to not skew catalog prices) and set that up as a **reserved lot for your customer**, then describe what they're really getting in the public comments as a workaround? That way BO gets it's fair percentage plus you have an accounting for yourself, the customer, the taxman, etc.
  • Why not just do the deal and send Lawrence 3% to his PayPal addy? Cleaner and simpler!
  • There's no way to sell a custom lot on BO without creating a lot under an incorrect item and letting your potential buyer know where to find it. This obviously has implications for the price guide.
  • @One_Click_Off while I'm not a personal fan of Bionicle (and it's a hassle to store), those items sell very well on my site - I just bought 30 more pounds of pure Bioncle (deliberately even! <g>).
  • @Calibrick - You Go For It...and if you receive a random lot in the mail, well, that's from us :*
  • @One_Click_Off I thought your were kidding - my husband checks the postal box last night and lo and behold!!! <3 Scott, Deseree, you are simply the nicest, nicest people and I'm so happy to know you here on BO (I'm keeping that card too - that is just adorable, thank you!) - check your PayPal account for a return gift from me as a sincere thank you!!!! ::hugs::
  • @Calibrick - so you are a nut <3 . Just a gift to augment the better inventory than ours for these items...We are people of our word. Don't need any recompense- would have rather counted on you all for a drop ship in the future, but, that's probably a "given" anyway. And you can count on us.
    For everyone else, the "card" has a picture of a Nebelung kitten...amazing dog-like personalities and truly the sweetest cats in the world.