Bricksync warning

Can anyone help. For the last few days, virtually everytime a customer marks an order received or completed on Bricklink, Bricksync fires off a warning message like this - "negative quantity clamped to zero, ID etc etc quantity -17 (or -anything)" and then a message that reads about rejecting negative quantity. This then causes a tracked inventory adjusted for the bricklink order and updates my Brickowl inventory with x lots pending for update, and reads updating Brickowl inventory, 0 lots to create, 45 lots to update and so on. Been using this program for a long time and never have I seen this before. I haven't made any changes to my system or inventory and am at a loss to know what is going on or what is triggering this. Anyone seen this before?

Comments

• 10 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It sounds like BrickSync didn't know you had stock of some of the items you're selling.

How do you add stock to your inventory?
  • Through Bricklink with blmaster on / off. Same way I've always done. Does it evertime a buyer marks an order recived or completed. Starting to worry a little now.
  • I'll add that everytime it does it it reduced the overall quantity on Brickowl, much in the same was it does when a sale comes through on Bricklink. I've done a deep sync too.
  • Incorrect usage of blmaster is often the cause of such issues. You only need to forget to turn blmaster on or off just once, and that can seriously screw with your inventory.

It should be an easy fix in any case.

(optionally) reinstall BrickSync
    blmaster on
    Make absolutely sure your inventory is correct on BrickLink
    blmaster off

In future, consider using the Merge command in BrickSync to add inventory, rather than relying on blmaster.
  • I'd like to add that the new sync system I am building should be able to perform without a similar kind of blmaster function. If anyone wants any more info, please PM me.
  • @Hoddie I've always used the blmaster function correctly, blmasteron / add stock / blmasteroff. This is the very first time I've had an issue ever since I have used Bricksync which must be getting on for a few years now. I know it isn't that I'm using it incorrectly, something somewhere has changed.
    @minifigforlife yes please do message me as Bricksync doesn't look like it is supported anymore (I sent a donation some time back and heard nothing).
  • For some reason my coral never loads to brick owl lots of error codes is there a easy fix?
  • No because the list of colours is hard-coded in BrickSync and Coral hasn't been added yet.
  • @Pippyblocks
    Could you check if BS still makes a backup of every order placed the moment it is placed?
    And is there any room available on the drive that BS uses?
    I checked my logs, but nowhere there is anything that BS does when an order is marked by the buyer. But it seems that BS doesn't add those updates to the logs, only to the running screen :(
    After shipping, do you file your orders, or do you let them sit in the current order screen until they are marked complete?
  • @BasKrie Hi, yes I've plenty of disk space. Looked through the logs but nothing popped out that was odd. I only file orders once they are marked complete by the buyer, or after around two months I file them. It doesn't do it on every order the buyer marks as complete or received but it certainly does it on some of them, which makes it harder to understand. And I've done checks on my Brickowl stock of a before and after and the Brickowl stock does increase after these spurious syncs. I'm just going to have to ride with it and carefully look at my Brickowl inventory until a better solution comes along.