I just realized...

that I share the same anniversary as LEGO. Off by 2 months.
How many other old people out there born in ‘58?

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I'm nine years off - '67. I do not consider either of us old though, by an means! :smile:
  • Well, I was born the year when the first LEGO sets containing instruction manuals were introduced, soon after LEGO switched from cellulose acetate (CA) plastic to ABS plastic. Neither would I consider us old but we are definitely – and I've just coined that name – Very Adult Fans of LEGO or VAFOL (pronounced Waffle). Join the club! :)
  • Waffles or not, you are surely
    Informed...Ageless...Relevant
    Thank you for all the knowledge you share!
  • LoL.
    Funny thing is it was my kids that got me into this. All but one are no longer “interested”. However years from now, assuming I still have the accidentally acquired collection, they maybe pleasantly surprised when they go to sell!
    Oh and I do enjoy calling myself old people, everyone seems so glum about “getting old”. Me I have my (both LEGO and non LEGO) toys and plan on being the oldest kid alive!

Quite fun also buying up loads of sets in Wally World, get the comment “your grandkids must be lucky” my reply “no, they are for me” the looks, oh the looks especially when it’s friends sets. :p
  • @graham, I want to be you when I grow up, what a wonderful way to look at it (oldest kid alive! <s>)!
    And @pikka, I'm all over the VAFOL - waffles are AWESOME! And goes well with my husband's pancakesauce nick on all those first-person shooters he plays endlessly... ;-)