Stripe Payments

I have just enabled Stripe in my UK store and received my first order and payment according to the order. The payment have yet not been received into my bank account. There is a note on the order to say that it must be marked as shipped within 6 days to release payment. There does not appear to be any method of checking the payment.

Do I need to do anything else to release payment or is it done automatically by BrickOwl when the order is shipped? Just slightly confused with the workings of this part of the system. Any information gratefully received.

Calvin
Central Bricks

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Once you've marked an order as shipped the payment is automatically released (the message posted by BrickOwl will confirm). Stripe issue payments in batches, and it can take anything up to a couple of weeks for payments to come through depending on your settings with them. Often, several payments will come through bundled as one payment. You may been able to change the frequency/delay, it's a while since I've logged into Stripe so I'm not sure. Worth a look though.
  • You can also release the payment before marking the order as shipped by selecting "Capture Payment" from the "More Actions" dropdown in the order page.
  • Thanks for the information. I have captured the payment, as it is the first one I would like to check it out. My registering for Stripe was prompted by a customer who wished to pay by debit card. Are there any other methods of payment I should be aware of?

I already accept Paypal, Bank Transfer, IBAN, and now Stripe.