how can I add free shipping...

hello, how can I add free shipping on orders over $100.00 while keeping my other shipping cost the same ? Thanks, Scotty

Comments

• 12 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Go to My Store, hit the Settings Tab, select Shipping Methods, and setup a shipping method constrained by dollar amount (e.g., $100.00 to XXXX.XX) that charges zero shipping. Then ensure your other methods all apply to $99.99 and less. That way, it will only show the methods that apply to the product value.

Hope this helps!
  • Basically what Calibrick said, except I had one problem. When I left the shipping blank or put a $0 amount brickowl would remove that row and it wouldn't show up for buyers. I eventually just had to switch it to $0.01 shipping. Maybe I was doing something wrong, I don't know. I just know I couldn't get free shipping to work.
  • @Lawrence how do you do the above? (I don't offer free shipping except via coupon, I just surmised that is how it is done). Note firestar's issue... is there something magic we're all missing? :-) I've seen people offer free shipping on here, so it's clearly doable. ;-)
  • @Calibrick I believe that should work, having a dedicated free shipping method, rather than a free band in an existing method
  • @Lawrence , doesn't work unless I'm doing something wrong. I create a whole new method for free shipping. Set the minimum to $50 and choose price band. I set the "From" to $50, put $99,999 for the "To"(I've tried leaving this blank also), and put $0 in the "Price".

I click "Add/Update Bands" and it stays the same (a second band does not appear). I then click "Submit" and it brings me back to the list of all my shipping methods, so it looks like it works. However, I go back into the shipping method, and the "Shipping Method band type" has nothing selected and when I go down to the bottom the price band that I had set up is completely gone.

Once I changed the shipping price to $0.01, then it worked.
  • I do apologise, you are correct! As a temporary workaround if you set the price to 0.0001 that will round to zero but the form will still accept it.
  • Hmmm I set my free shipping method up exactly as @firestar246 said, and in my case it worked fine. This was months ago though so maybe something's changed?
  • Thanks Calibrick, I did it like you said and it seems to be working.
  • Will be referencing this later as our 3-Generation family of LegoLovers will want to add items from overbuys to sell.[We bought from YOU, So, Thank YOU!] What we want to know as we put together a simple ship option for buyers is how to add Free Shipping to all APO buyers. Is there a "simple" way to add free to shipping that goes to any APO or to a specific dollar amount buy?
  • @Lawrence that's a great question @One_Click_Off has... I would love to ship free to APOs only also (this may only apply to American stores, unsure if APO is an international or US-only thing, most frequently for our military personnel stationed outside of the country or in rare cases, ambassadorial staff).

And neat to read about three generations of LEGO lovers working together! My daughter has zero interest, sigh, but I also got to her way too late (she was in her late 20s by the point we go into them!). Son-in-law is more an online gaming person, also not interested (though we've been trying <s>).
  • Calibrick- you just never can tell...Wouldn't have predicted this but just where it's at for us after a good long 15, maybe 20 years of Lego sitting in the most agreeable conditions in Lego brand containers...and now getting to know what we missed! It is Full On here from 11 months old to 60 years old- We just can't stop ourselves- 3 kids, 2 In-Law kids, 4 grandkids: They think Mimi and Papi hung the Lego Moon! LOL. Best vacation ever this summer in San Antonio visiting the Legoland beside the Alamo!
    So, I have this saying about kids, "You tell 'em, you tell 'em...Eventually, They tell You." What is happening now with these new families rebuilding and doing amazing MOC's!"
    Scott (LTC-A)
  • Nice, Scott (I'll try not to call you Sir <s>)! My husband and I went to Legoland here in SoCal six or seven years ago when I could walk a lot more and loved every second of it. I can only imagine the joy of a smiling grandchild there (maybe I'll get that opp in a few years <s>).

Sandy (father was LCDR-N, she is decades-long N civil service <s>).