Store inventory upload methods

I'm sure it's been discussed in the forums but could we have a guide added to the help screen? There are 3 bsx options and an xml one. I currently have an inventory with lot IDs. But I'm adding all my new inventory via Brickstock and don't necessarily want to deprecate lot IDs yet.

In order to maintain lot IDs but add new inventory without lot IDs, and not upload existing items as new, which option should I use? Will the XML update existing items while also adding new items that have no lot ID? I think a guide would be helpful for some of these subtle questions. Maybe a solid explanation on what each option would do.

Thanks, Dag

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I think this is the option you want. I'd recommend doing a test first using a .bsx file with just 2 lots in, one where a lot already exists in the store, and one where it doesn't. Easy to check the result was as intended and also easy to reverse.

The documentation for BrickOwl is lacking in many areas and could definitely be improved.
  • I think the problem with the merge function is that it will take existing lot x from Brickstock and add it to lot x on the system while new lot y will indeed be new. I will end up with 2x + y instead of update(x + y).
  • Not sure I follow but you can set qty to 0 on Brickstock, and the merge function will update price, remarks, etc. without adding to quantity.
  • I wish there were a way to tell BrickStock which site's catalog to use. Then of course, I'd want to have BrickSync treat BO as the master and the flip the whole switch then my coral and trans-medium orange elements would be listed and sync'd across both platforms.
  • Maybe it's best not to keep my master inventory in BrickStock and just upload updates as I add new inventory. I wanted to keep a master copy in BrickStock but realistically I don't think I'll be selling on the other site anymore.