API Coupon functionality - wanted/request

Hi,

so we are planning an automation for coupons in reason of advertising. Unfortunately there is currently no option in the API to create, edit or delete coupons. It would be great if every option which i can use currently on the site, can be used in the API as well.

So if you need or would like to have this option in the API please vote for this topic or react to this post.

Thanks

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I believe this is deliberate as creating coupons automatically could be regarded as spam.
  • Yeah, but it's not.
    There could be restrictions for the API-coupons, like the customer must have ordered from the shop before. But since we are using our own front- and backend for handling the orders, it would be really nice to have the chance to handle the coupons as well.
    And i already spoke to Lawrence and he said, that if there are enough supporters for this idea, he would consider the change.
  • I upvoted so long as it constrains to previous buyers, as an example (as a buyer myself, I don't want spam from sellers I don't know)... :-)
  • Perhaps instead of API access it could be auto generated coupons based on some store settings. I create or edit a coupon for every repeat customer. That way it's not opening up a spam possibility because customers shouldn't object to coupons from stores that they have purchased from.

Tyson
  • @leopard37 I like that idea! Opens up the approach to more folks that don't use things like Postman for store maintenance, too.
  • It would need to be an 'opt in' setting for buyers in order to meet EU legislation. Or otherwise something that is automatically attached to their previous order confirmation.
  • edited July 2019 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I would like to have a template coupon, after I mark an order as shipped I create a coupon with the drop down menú. Now I have to fill the message, the type of discount and what applies to.

If we have a default coupon template these things would be there when I click create coupon and then other click to confirm would do the work.
  • @Lawrence I have added Automated Feedback to Brick Freedom and shortly I will be adding Automated coupons for when purchases have been completed. It would be great to offer this across all platforms. Many thanks.
  • Coupons are standard practise everywhere now, so I think they can be added to the API, but keeping restrictions. Like only for users with orders in your store and putting a time limit between them.
    That brings me another suggestion, make an option for the coupons tu expire. If we create a coupon code and publish it somewhere for a timed sale we have to disable the coupon manually. It would be great to automate this...
This discussion has been closed.