Minimum order value

Good morning all
I have a minimum order value of 50p on my store. I am having orders from abroad with just over the 50p set. I have recently had orders from America, Australia etc for 50p or just over. Because the postage costs are high for such countries I am having to pay a great deal to Paypal. Recently I have had to pay paypal more than the orders are worth so my question is am I able to set the minimum order value higher in such countries please? I do not really not ship to these countries but to be honest with the fees it is not worth it!!

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Not really, though there are workarounds.

You could make the shipping methods available to those countries apply only to carts of a certain value or higher, leaving lower value orders going through 'Request a Quote' - though this would then leave you in the awkward position of having explain to those customers that they either need to order more or face a higher shipping charge. And I'm not sure BrickOwl will be okay with this.
  • We would usually advise that you just increase the shipping price for those countries to cover your costs. You can also set up specific methods for different order amounts.
  • Thank you both. I think it would be unfair as you say Hoddie to sort of 'blackmail' customers into ordering more to obtain lower shipping costs (I certainly wouldn't like it as a customer)!!
    I think I will do what you suggested Lawrence and set up the specific methods :-)
  • You could increase your shipping fees to cover lower value orders, then offer a discounted rate to higher value orders by simply adding another shipping method with a higher minimum purchase, discounted shipping may entice customers to spend more! All fair and square :)
  • Hmm that's a good thought Graham thank you :)