New order status: Completed/Filed

Since the feedback left rating is so low, and so many people forgot to change the order to "received", I think it would be nice to have a way to differentiate a "completed order" from a "received".

Also it could be useful to differentiate a "received" order, still not "confirmed as ok", and a received order where buyer confirmed that's everything is fine. In other words, a way I can file a completed order and leave there the one still waiting for a feedback.

What do you think? Is someone solving this in some way?

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • +1, I would love to have this option, as (unfortunately) the majority of my orders on BO have at least one issue that needs to be resolved after receipt before I mark the order as "complete".
  • Ouch, people are finding that many issues from sellers after receipt? That is a bummer to hear. :(
  • Please don't do this - I say this as a buyer. I am always annouyed about many additional process steps I have to do on online-shops like Brick Owl and others. The discussion is always coming up on pages like Brick Owl. But nobody cares about the feedback rate at Amazon or Ebay. The people just want to buy, pay and receive the goods - they don't want to login again, change a status, leave a feedback.
    In my opinion the things should be kept simple. As I buyer I change the status to shipped and that's it. I do not care about if the buyer change the status or not. They contact me typically if something has lost during transportation in all other cases I assume they have received the goods and they are happy with it.
    Again - keep live simple.
  • I agree with Olis on this one. We don't need more process steps, if there's an issue with an order, the buyer will soon be in touch. You cant force people to leave feedback, an extra order status isn't going to change anything.
  • While I respect and understand ziotitanok and oldfan's point, I personally agree with olis and vegitt - when I'm in my buyer role - at least for me - the less steps the better. I find just not marking it complete until I've verified it works for me (and if needed, I can work with the seller offline to resolve any prospective issues - I've fortunately never been in the position to have to leave negative feedback).

Again, just my respectful personal opinion. All of us when buying have different wants and needs, there's no right or wrong. I don't mind value-added additional steps as a SELLER if that helps buyers, but as the buyer, really, I just want to buy and call it done. :-)
  • Really have to agree with OliS, vegitt, and Calibricks (btw, appreciate you both!). One of the things that comes up on "the other site" is the "buyer load"- there seems to be so much that they have to do whereas, as least with PayPal notification of "Your order has shipped" to your email or by text, this is all buyers are used to with most online purchases. The lack of going back and providing feedback will not be reduced by adding another "load" to their purchase experience here. I, personally, found it REFRESHING to not have to do the "received" and "completed" and will always offer feedback for a good delivery. Even if BrickOwl institutes these additional steps, it does not mean that all buyers will comply and the decision to archive (complete) an order will always come down to the sellers' way of managing outgoing orders that have indeed been received.
  • That is nice of you to say, One_Click_Off, thank you! :-)

Seems to me root cause is looking to incentivize customers to consider leaving feedback. Many sellers who also buy, such as myself, go out of our way to leave feedback because we empathize with the importance of that to a business's success.

There are other threads discussing encouraging feedback... I know I'm in general doing good work due to surprisingly consistent repeat business (we all share some amazing customers, you don't need me to tell you that, fellow sellers reading this! <s>). A few ideas I've done (albeit with limited success) or have read in this forum include:

1. I ask customers nicely to consider leaving feedback on my biz card (included with each order)
    2. I periodically provide customers who leave feedback coupons on future purchases and thank them for going out of their way to do so
    3. You can politely ask customers to consider leaving feedback on your store's main page
    4. You can use any combination of the above as a contest entry - for every feedback provided (good OR bad - you can't reward good feedback only, but rather fair feedback <s>), the customer is entered into a contest for a free item or a coupon with arbitrary name draws periodically

Those are a few ideas I recall off the top of my head... I myself have done #1 and #2. I am just grateful for the repeat business, which is the ultimate feedback (of course, only that customer, the BO database, and I know it! <s>). I had one loyal customer (who's also a deeply nice person) place their 22nd order in the past year yesterday (I've been open here about 14 months now), which was just incredibly super awesome!!
This discussion has been closed.