Minifigure Creation

Right now I'm beating the pants of BL getting minifigures listed. That being said their BLID is not getting entered for most new minifigures.

If you are a seller on both sites and are parting out a set within the last two waves, you may have to enter the BLID on figs as it probably wasn't there when I was creating the figure.

Please run a sync as a double check so we don't duplicate emails to Lawrence, he is busy enough as is.

Thanks everyone,

Tyson.

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Thanks for the warning.
    One thing concerns me here. Bricksync is not operated or supported by Lawrence, and recently there has been no communications from Stragus, who does support it. This means that the BLID which is not available in the Brick Owl API, is only being used by Bricksync. It is also not being displayed on Brick Owl, so is no use to anyone who does not use Bricksync. So even though I and many other people appreciate all the effort you and others (myself included) are making adding in the BLID's, I fear that eventually BrickSync will be used by less and less people, making the BLID redundant.

What do others think?
  • Too many stores operate on both. BLID will always have a use even if it's a new 'BrickSync' helping facilitate the transfer between sites.
  • I agree, that people sell on both, however I have previously emailed Lawrence asking for access to the BLID through the API, and Lawrence has declined. This makes me think that he gave Bricksync access to it, before changing his mind.
  • I do apologise, it is on the id_lookup endpoint of the API with an ID type of bl_item_no I believe
  • Lawrence. Thanks for that. That Endpoint appears to want the ID and type and then will provide a BOID. What I could do with is the other way around. Where I know the BOID, but want to know the Bricklink ID. My apologies for hijacking this thread.
  • Ah okay, understood, I'm afraid that's not possible
  • I suspect if you look through old threads, you will see there are legal ramifications with making access to the BL ID more public - that is my supposition, at least.