BrickSync not refreshing stock from BL to BO

Hi, sorry i'm new to syncing with BrickSync but can't seem to get my stock to refresh from Bricklink to BrickOwl.

I've got sold stock in my BrickOwl store that obviously I don't want there. I've used the Sync command and it says I have a perfect match, but it hasn't matched at all. I've tried waiting in between syncing but it hasn't helped.

Appreciate the help for a rookie!

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Are you in blmaster mode? Or do you have a tilde (~) in the remarks field of those lots?
  • I don't know much on how to use it. All I've done is download the BrickSync software and ran the initial sync. It matched pretty much but didn't refresh.

I've not edited any fields in any lots and I'm just in the standard settings that come with it, so should I be in blmaster mode? And how do I activate that?

Thanks for your help.
  • Try this:

blmaster on
    blmaster off

This should ensure the Bricksync inventory matches what's on Bricklink. At this point you can do:

sync brickowl

to ensure that's updated. If that doesn't work it may be that your config file is messed up somehow.
  • Great I'll have a look tonight when I get home. Thank you so much, I will learn how to work it ?
  • Couple of good instructions to keep to hand.

Verify Brickowl
    This checks your Brickowl inventory against bricklink and brings up useful information and will let you know if your inventory is matched.

owlqueryblid ######## (enter bricklink id instead of hashes)
    this allows you to check matching ids between bricklink and brickowl. Useful if you have any issues with missing pictures, desription or if you want to help update the brickowl catalouge.

When using blmaster make sure you switch it on before starting updates on bricklink and make sure to switch if off after.

Also, if you are planning on selling on both platforms consider getting a cheap low power laptop to run bricksync on 24/7.

Hope this helps a little.
    David
  • Thanks for your help. I've just had an order through on Bricklink for parts that were already sold this week in Bricklink, so it looks like it has synced old stock back into my Bricklink.

I think I'm going to give up on Brickowl and Bricksync until I understand it more, losing hope big time!
  • It is a lot easier than you think.

You say that you have already done a full sync of your stock across from bricklink, if that the case then you got the hardest part done.

You should only be syncing to the site you dont use to update stock, so I only ever sync brickowl as only update my stock on bricklink using brickstock. But to be honest I have only ever synced brickowl once as I messed up at the start.

My advice.
    Close your brickowl store for 1 week, do a deep sync from bricklink. Update some stuff on bricklink (remarks, comments upload some new stock) anything that changes your inventory on bricklink. Then blmaster on/off to confirm the changes. make some sales on bricklink and watch bricksync auto update your brickowl inventory, and when you feel ready re-open your brickowl store.

The most important part is unfortunately running bricksync 24/7, even then there is the really rare occasion that a BL and BO customer orders the same item within small window of bricksync fetching orders.

I actually felt the same way to start with but persistence helps and honestly another good seller on brickowl helps everyone.

Regards
    David
  • The only way it can even do that is if you're doing something very wrong. Can you run through your use of BrickSync for us? When you turn it on? How often, etc. What commands you use? I'm not suggesting you're an idiot or anything like that, but it might be a simple fix.

If you don't want to go into all that, the instructions in my post above should sort your inventory out if after turning blmaster on, and before turning it off, you make sure that your BL inventory is correct. In that exact order.