Paypal Error: We are not able to find this transaction id

I received an order 4h ago, I have been trying to print the label since, but when I click on the transaction in paypal (or the transaction id in the BO order or the ID from the email notification), I always get "We are not able to find this transaction id. Can you please check and try again later." I know that sometimes paypal lags a bit behind, but that time frame has passed now.

Anybody experienced that ? I am going to go ahead and print the label another way but the fact they can't find the transaction is a bit worrisome.

Thanks,
CB

Comments

• 22 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Not got this, but got two orders showing as payment pending
  • Another seller is having the same issue on the other site.
  • I too am having this on the other site, I assumed it was an issue their end, but not it would seem more likely to be a PayPal issue, however I have had orders both and there not affected.
  • Same issue here with two orders: One showing as Pending and one showing as Payment submitted.
    Also yesterday same issues with two other orders than finally went through (payment received after hours).
  • Me too, same issue with two separate orders, I got a paypal notification on my phone for one but its not showing in my account.
  • UPDATE:
    I have contacted Paypal customer service and they said:
    ' We are having an issue at the moment where transactions are not reflecting on customers accounts'.
    So it appears a Paypal issue then.
  • was able to access the transaction after 6+h ...
  • Just been on the phone to paypal, and they have said that the fix was supposed to be last night but more likely later today. they have a track of all payments but some of those payments are not being correctly placed onto accounts. funny thing though, the part of the system that makes sure that paypal take their cut seems to be working fine..
  • I received an order this night and I got the paypal email, if I click the ID the payment details are shown, but in my paypal it does not appear, lets wait and see if it is finally fixed today...
  • I have 3 orders showing as pending on BO and one somewhere else. I'm not getting the "We are not able to find this transaction ID" message because there is no sign of the transactions on PayPal and no PayPal payment emails. Slightly annoying
  • Has anyone heard any more news about when the Paypal problems are likely to be sorted?
  • It seems very inconsistent. Of the 5 orders I've received in the last 24 hours 2 showed up in my transactions within PayPal, but received emails on all with transaction details. None of the payments were fed back to BO. Payments were fed back to BL.

Tyson.
  • @Abel's bricks thank you for sharing your PayPal phone call with us! I have the same issue (payment pending) on an order also (though a diff one went through, weird). :-)

I will practice patience.
  • I thought that all the issues had been sorted out. new payments are showing. But i am missing 1 payment that I know was received, that is not showing on account activity. so looks like still a few issues to resolve.
  • Same boat here, 2 missing transactions, they show on the customer end with a PPTransactionID, but not on my BO or PP. Paypal status shows they're still having major issues. Annoying, but at least it's not a regular thing.
  • @Abel's bricks Please let us know if you have to contact PayPal again or they just show up. Thanks in advance. Tyson.
  • All of my missing ones have now shown up.
  • Same boat as others, to remedy I searched my email for the transaction and used the link included to access it since it wasn't showing up on the portal. I then manually advanced the transaction since I could see it was complete in order to put the buyer at ease and shipped the order.

It will figure itself out and BO doesn't allow for open transaction so I trust the system over here. No need to make the customer wait when it is not under their control and you know the BO portal works.
  • I was lucky, mine sorted itself out overnight.
    And @BigBBricks thank you for the tip, I will keep that in mind the next time (which we hope their wont' be, but life happens <s>) this occurs, that's a great idea!
  • I trust the system over here
    you know the BO portal works
    BigBBricks

....ahhhh, the truth of this is such a breath of fresh air
  • Mine has yet to sort itself out with PayPal @Calibrick . I also have one stuck in the system over on BL. Same type scenario only worse; received payment and nothing else, I found the order stuck in the "In Progress" section of the Orders Received page. Buyer was a first timer freaking out, I did the same, pulled the order and put the buyer at ease. This is a PP issue so neither portal is at fault, one just easier to fix with the customer than the other.
  • @BigBBricks I am soooo sorry to hear that! :-(
    Has PayPal posted any updates on the issue, etc.?
    BTW, you sound like a terrific seller working hard to put your customers at ease, that is awesome! :-)