LEGO Brick 1 x 4 x 1 Siren 131/43 (51273) - tool so can repalce battery

New to this and a friend has just handed me this brick and asked if I can replace the battery. Tried my set of Allen keys but that does not seem to do the trick. Does a tool come with the kit (6168 inter alia)? Can I get hold of the tool some how? If not, can I ge hold of a couple of these bricks? I've added them to my wishlist here but is there anywhere else I should be looking?
Thanks in advance,
Bill

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Must say this site was useless to this inquirer.

The answer is that the tool required is a T6 Torx (widely available and most places that deal in the insides of mobile phones have one).

The batteries are £5 each from a retail outlet or 10 for £2.55 (p&p free) from www.miniinthebox.com
  • I'll say sorry no one got to you Bill, thanks for sharing the answer.

I looked at the entry when you posted this but I have never had one of these.

Regards,

Joe
  • I 2nd the sorry. I saw your post but I had nothing to contribute to the discussion as I have not had this before.
  • Must say this site was useless to this inquirer.

The answer is that the tool required is a T6 Torx.
    If you'd posted a pic you could have had that answer in seconds.
  • does anyone know if its possible to reprogram a sound brick ?
  • What do you mean by "reprogram". Change the music it plays?
  • does anyone know if its possible to reprogram a sound brick ?
    New ones, most likely, the sound will be on a little chip on the board. There are one time program chips and ones you can change.

Generally would be easier with modern ones to put a new module in you know does what you want/is recordable. Compared to finding out if it is recordable and then where to contact the board and whatnot.

Google "greeting card sound modules" or something like that and poke around.

Joe
  • Never even thought of the greeting card chips.

+1