6% Cash Back on Lego through Mr Rebates

The best % I've seen since I signed up. Easy to use, and cash back is on top of anything Lego has to offer.
If you need a link to sign up, you are welcome to use me as a referral.
http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=484743
Thanks,
Katie

Comments

• 14 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Hi Katie

TFTL, however 6% is pretty generous, before I sign up would you share any hidden stuff, nobody gives anything for nothing!

So they must be getting something, mailing list, bombarded with advertising or WHY?

What's the catch?

Cheers Graham
  • I believe that they get cash back from Lego from bringing in a sale. I for one have never gotten any junk mail or such that I can associate with signing up with them.
    I've earned over $200 cash back since I joined 3 years ago. Normally they only offer 2% at Lego, but since it only takes me an extra 10 seconds to shop through them rather then just going to Lego direct, and since my average order with Lego is $100--I can spare 10 seconds to make $2.

• I just did a search on scam.com - overall they seem clean, there's a couple of "issues", but hey like you say an extra click doesn't cost anything!

I'll just create another email account "justin case"

Tnx G
  • Katie, please explain how this works. Do you have to shop only through the mrrebates website? Or do they give you a coupon code or other number you can use when you shop with LEGO or other retailers? For example, let's say I want to buy some LEGO from TRU online. Do I go to mrrebates first and shop for TRU stuff there? Or can I go direct to toysrus.com, buy there, give them my mrrebates number or code, and get my cashback from mrrebates?

Thor
  • I use ebates which is the same type of program. Both sites have themselves set up as power affiliates. That means they are driving tons of traffic to all these shopping sites so the shopping sites give them a cut of the sales. To encourage you to use their site, mrrebates and ebates offer you a cut of that affiliate referral reward.

In most cases, you go to mrrebates/ebates and find the store you want to shop at. You then click on that store to create a tracking ticket. You are then taken to that store but if you look at the URL you will see some extra stuff which is the referral coding. This guarantees that your purchase will be credited to the rebate site and more specifically to you as a user of that site.

Sometimes I'm paranoid that the tracking ticket won't work right. I generally go to the online retailer first, say, LEGO S@H and fill my cart. Once I'm happy with my selection I then go to ebates and initiate a ticket to S@H. Then I click cart and checkout. That way I don't inadvertently click something that cancels out the ticket.

And it works with the LEGO VIP club too. Here's an example: Purchase $75 from S@H and get free shipping. You'll also get 75 VIP points (what's that worth, $3.75?). You'll also get a percentage back on the full amount of the purchase (minus shipping if you don't hit that threshold). In the case of mrrebates that's an extra $75 x 6% = $4.50. Ebates used to offer 1% back on LEGO but LEGO generously increased that to 2.5% on a permanent basis. Might have to do with being the second largest toy company in the world. :-)

With ebates you have to earn $5 by the quarterly payout. Otherwise it gets held over to the next quarter. I am paid via Paypal and don't have to do anything. Their customer service has been splendid and the whole idea is sort of a no-brainer. Essentially, stores are willing to give away a little bit of money in order to encourage you to shop there. It's like a year-round discount program.

I've used ebates for LEGO and Target mainly. The discount for TRU is a measly 1% and I try not to shop there on principal anyway. Yoyo.com routinely offers 4% back and Kmart and Walmart are available too. The only wildcard is Amazon which has some pretty good cash back but usually not on toys.

You could certainly be a member of both sites and take the best deal at the moment for wherever you're shopping. I've chosen not to simply because I don't spend much online and don't want my quarterly payments to take 9 months to accrue to the minimum by spreading my spending out. But if you spend a lot online it would make sense to sign up at both sites and take advantage of the best deal when you're ready to shop. Katie gave her mrrebates referral ID. If you'd like to use ebates as well you can click http://www.ebates.com/rf.do?referrerid=uCGQ2WdJaZgUHBRjPw1TqQ== to credit me as a referrer.

I hope this wasn't tl;dr. :-)

Brian
  • Katie, please explain how this works. Do you have to shop only through the mrrebates website? Or do they give you a coupon code or other number you can use when you shop with LEGO or other retailers? For example, let's say I want to buy some LEGO from TRU online. Do I go to mrrebates first and shop for TRU stuff there? Or can I go direct to toysrus.com, buy there, give them my mrrebates number or code, and get my cashback from mrrebates?

Thor
    The key thing is you MUST visit (say LEGO) VIA MrRebates/eBates website - if you don't they don't get referral commission = you don't get cash back.

I think what they have done is set up with TLG's affiliate program (which anyone COULD do - with enough business) - Nudge, nudge, wink, wink Lawrence!! ;)
  • Thanks Brian!
    I'm glad you had time to write a book this morning ;)
    One thing different with Mr. Rebates is you can request a payout (whatever manner you prefer--paypal or check) whenever you have reached a $10 balance. You can submit your request at anytime and it will get sent out at the first of the next month. It takes 3 months from the date of order to be available, so that is a bit annoying at first, but if you spend on a consistent basis then after awhile you always have something coming in.
    Katie
  • Yeah, I could probably write ISO 9000/13000 (protocol) manuals. I think mrrebates probably decided to take the conservative approach towards returns. That's why they make you wait 90 days for payouts to be available. I don't know specifically but I think ebates will just deduct your next payout.

Happy shopping y'all!

Brian
  • S@H (Lego) is still running 6% cash back through mrrebates.com!
    This is on top of:
    Free shipping
    Free set if you spent $99
    Free $10 gift card if you spend $149
    and VIP points

If you're going to make a purchase anyway, why not save even more.

http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=484743

Katie

This is also open to international buyers as far as I can tell.
  • Check your referral balance Katie - I think you will be happy ;)

I got in on the triple points as well - very nice - comes up as 21% off and a free set with each order!

Graham
  • Hi Graham.
    I don't see names, just email addresses. But that's awesome that you were able to use it to save even more. I just realized that I can save money on my airline tickets as I usually shop through expedia or cheap tickets, and didn't even think about using mrrebates. 2-3% off on a $1,000 transaction, and that starts to add up.
    Thanks for using me as a referrer.
    Katie
  • Anybody know how long it usually takes for the rebates to be posted from s@h? Made a purchase on the Nov 29th. Usually I get rebates within a day or 2. Anybody get theirs from s@h yet?
  • I think things are just running a bit behind right now. I usually get my rebates the day of or after my order ships, and my orders usually ship the day after I place them. I placed an order on Monday, and haven't even received an order email yet or had it appear on my Lego account. I did notice too, that my last rebate was slower at coming in. Hang in, it should arrive soon.
    Oh, and as a side, note--this is absolutely awesome. I made a purchase recently for $101.70 and spent $95 of VIP points on that order. My total ended up being $6.70--NOW get this, when I got me rebate on that order it was for $6.10 for an order value of $101.70. So, my VIP points that I redeemed did not affect my rebate.
    Oh, YEAH!
    Katie