BrickSync & BrickStock

I was reviewing the command list from BSync and spotted the commands loadmycost & invmycost .

I would LOVE to be able to use these functions, but didn't think that BrickStock had a column for mycost . Is there something I'm missing? Has Stragus figured out how to add such a function to the code for BrickStock? Has anyone else? Any programers out there want to take a stab at it?

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I haven't personally used those commands but I always assumed they allowed you to load a BSX file and set the prices within that file as your cost price for matching items in your inventory, much in the same way you can load comments/etc. using those other commands.

BrickStock needs a good update especially for those of us using a BrickOwl store. If the author actually stuck to the terms of his license it would be easy enough to amend it to make some useful changes.
  • So, instead of having a separate column for "My Cost", BSync applies the "Price" column as your cost of goods?

That would be pretty handy... a bit confusing, but a do-able work around.
  • That's how I read it. Should be easy to test with just one item in a BSX file.
  • Update: I gave the command loadmycost a try and it didn't work. My husband very sweetly helped me figure out that the BSX file had to be changed so that the tag for price had to be changed to mycost.

So, imo, a complete bust and waste of time. It would have been nice if Stragus had actually answered the question when I emailed him about it.