Bricksync problem.

My store just hit 250,000 pieces. So now I had to do that math problem to do blmaster. When I first hit 250,000 pieces, it said something about it being unregistered product and something was suspended. Now it's not checking for new orders which is really bad. Any idea what's going on and how to fix it? I really need it to keep checking for orders.

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Sounds like you hit the threshold for free use. If so, you'll need to donate some cash in order to get a license key. Check out the BrickSync website for more details.
  • I looked at the site, but couldn't find anything besides this:

BrickSync is free and donation supported. If your inventory holds more than 250000 parts, you'll be kindly invited to support BrickSync or you'll be asked a small mathematical question/puzzle to check for new orders.

I don't see anything about a license key and how to get/use one.
  • All I remember is when I donated a few quid, Stragus sent me a license key in return. I guess you could try and download the program again to see if that solves whatever's gone wrong, but I suspect it's just wanting a license key.
  • Ok, thank you very much! We got some larger orders, so the inventory went back down under 250k, and it started working again. So the license key must be the problem.
  • Just a thought, the automated check for orders may be what's suspended, but you can probably force a check providing you're willing to answer the math thing. This is far from ideal and probably a way of pushing you to donate :)
  • You can always do a forced check ( check [bricklink|brickowl] ). This is a copy of the command list. I keep it printed and under my keyboard. http://www.bricksync.net/guidecommands.html

I have found that Stragus is awesome in his response time (as opposed to some people who never actually respond to messages about their software.... he who shall not be named, but rhymes with geriatric).

We have decided that BrickSync is an integral part of our business and as such are donating a small (tiny really) amount to Stragus monthly, but he says any $ amount is enough to register the product with him. It is pretty easy to register and once it is done you don't have to worry about your inventory bumping against that # cap again.
  • Thank you for the information Wild Bricks!
  • So to donate I have to go onto the bricksync website and click the donate button there? Then I should get a registration key once I donate an amount? Or do I have to contact Stragus first?
  • It's been a few years, but if I remember correctly I had to contact Stragus after I made my donation. And then I got my registration key from him.
  • In Bricksync, use the command "register". It will show a registration Code you have to provide to Stragus (per email or in the remarks of the donation payment). He will send a very long registration key that you need to copy/paste in the bricksync.conf.txt file.
  • Thank you everyone. I got it set up now!