Postage to Korea

Morning all
Has anyone posted to Korea?? If yes how reliable is the post? I have just received a pretty large order from a customer who has chosen standard delivery. I know I have had a couple of problems with Russia in the past so just wondering what Korea postage is like.
Many thanks

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I have sent a couple of orders (on the other site) to Korea and had no issues.
  • I've sent a couple too in the last 6 months - no problems reported.

Rich
  • Just a guess but South Korea probably has one of the best postal systems in the world. North Korea probably one of the worst :)
  • Thanks all - its S Korea. Fingers crossed there will be no problems ;)
  • Oh dear had a feeling this was going to happen - customer reported items not arrived. Anyone know roughly how long it can take for a large letter please?
  • My largest ever order was to South Korea from a 0 feedback buyer on another site and I was only starting, I sent tracked even though that covered less than 10% of the order value, thankfully all went well. I have had lots of orders to South Korea since, mostly non-tracked and never had a problem. I have had a few take a couple of weeks extra, so don't give up hope just yet.
  • XS Bricks - thanks I really hope so. Why on earth didn't I send it tracked - I am so stupid. Its been 3 weeks now :-(
  • 3 weeks is not much, first class from the US has a 4 to 8 weeks delivery time. While it usually takes about 2 weeks, I have seen up to 12 weeks.
  • Thank you Colarado Bricks - I have a feeling that this customer is not going to be prepared to wait that long. I have had my doubts from the beginning over this order.