Inventory Question

Is their a quick way to delete out of stock (0) items in my inventory? Have been going through them one by one and it is incredibly tedious.

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Under inventory in the store dashboard there is an empty lots (greater than 180 days). If you select this it will break it down into parts, sets, etc. There is a drop down menu (mass update) and the last option is delete. This is something I haven't tried but think this may speed up your process.
  • Hmm that's interesting Jay - thanks for that tip :-)
  • It works quite well.

Tyson.
  • This warning when attempting a mass deletion of zero stocked items:
    "Deleting large amounts of inventory should only be done in extreme cases. It will remove the items from any carts that customers are currently adding to in your store, meaning they cannot place orders. You may want to instead try setting the quantity of the items to 0."

"Doing so on a regular basis will result in store suspension."

???
  • @Lawrence has asked to do this as the database has a large percent of old entries that have a quantity of zero. I wouldn't worry. I suggested he change that warning.

Tyson.
  • :)
    Excellent.
    Normally, I like to keep zero stock items because I'll restock with price and all ready to go as was prior to selling out.
    However, I felt I needed a clean slate as many of those items (and prices) were considerably dated.
    It's always good to have a spring clean.
    Thanks for the help!