Wheels and tyres?

Wow I just never new there were so many different types of Lego wheels and Tyres :-(
I cant work out the sizes etc - I just don't know where to start! Seriously considering selling as a job lot on ebay unless anyone pro could advise please?
Thanks

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Most wheels should have the design ID number printed somewhere on the tyre. As for tyre rims and axles, if in doubt you could always check the measurements. Have attached a pic with tyres, rims and axles that work together. You can search for these parts by the design ID. Not sure if this helps.
  • Might be worth having a look at this resource too: http://wheels.sariel.pl/ Haven't visited the site in some time and it concentrates on Technic MOCs and sadly there aren't part numbers on the chart but with the dimensions listed it might make it easier to find here.
  • @Westiekath, I feel your pain - it was really tough for me the first time going through them all. But I've learned it IS worth it, I remain surprised just how many tires I sell!! I admittedly used BL to figure them all out, as that was a bit easier (using the color guide)... for those without part numbers, using measurements was the way to go, then comparing to the images.

Keep a weather eye out for tread that has a dividing line through it vs. those without, they are different part numbers. :-)
  • Aw thank you - have decided I will have a go. I was the same with small connectors etc and I managed to sort them out so finger crossed I can do the same. Thanks for all your advice ;)