Price History - Current Max Price problem?

Maybe I'm just not looking at it right, but I don't see how the Current Price History is working - specifically on many of the technic beams. For example, Beam 9 (#40490) Dark Stone Gray. I see the Current Max Price of $129.25 and the Current Average of $0.99. The Six-Month Max/Avg are $0.69 and $0.17, respectively.

I understand that the Six-Month numbers are from SOLD transactions and the Current are just the currently posted prices, which are less meaningful, but I still use this as a guide for trends.

Anyway, I see this $129.25 as the Current Max price on many of the various Beam sizes and colors. But, when I look for who has it set to that max amount, I can't see anything. I removed all country filters, but still don't see anything. Could this be from someone who has their store closed? I can't really think of anything else. Any ideas?

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I don't understand the price guide AT ALL. It isn't explained anywhere and it's a failing of an otherwise excellent site imo. I wouldn't trust the part-out values of the suggested selling prices at all. For one thing, I suspect the price guide doesn't take account of sales from lots that have been deleted, which given that many sellers are using BrickSync is a real issue.
  • @pmitch Thank you for bringing that to our attention, it was a store that wasn't in the catalog due to a long dispatch time. They will no longer be included and the information should update within 24 hours

@Hoddie I can confirm deleting lots has no affect on price history, it's based on sales data
  • Okay, that's good to know, thanks.
  • Of course, the PG takes into account items sold in this site, which is logical. It can't know if an item has been sold on another site.

I agree that the PG page should be perfected, though, showing a little more information.

Also, @lawrence, I posted this as a suggestion some time ago, but it didn't get any response. Could you add a page to easily check part out values for sets, instead of having to go one by one, to the parts tab? And, what would also be really useful, an option in that page to check the POV of a few sets at the same time, for example adding the numbers in lines!
  • edited April 2019 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thanks, @lawrence ! Outstanding response!

Paul
  • Under another post, I had proposed offering a current price average value that excludes the top and bottom prices for computation to help ferret out those major skews; e.g., there is a what I understand to be actually a really good store in Spain or Portugal that really skews a lot of of the current prices (very, very high).