Part out value

Hi,

Is there a way to get the part out value of a set here on BrickOwl?

I normally use this functionality on BL, but for more recent sets where the set inventory there is not yet available, that's not possible.
BrickOwl on the other hand, has most of the set inventory available earlier. And even if it's not 100% complete, it should be good enough to get an idea of the value.

Comments

• 9 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • You can just go to the inventory of the set and it should say at the top
  • Ah, I see it now. The last paragraph of the gray textbox at the top of the list of parts. Thanks!
  • @Lawrence does this include VAT? I'm asking because when I log out and change my region it keeps showing the exact same value.
  • It uses the price history information which doesn’t take account of VAT
  • edited April 2019 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Ok, thanks for the quick reply. That's very surprising though, and a marked difference with how BL handles it.
    I think this needs to be addressed either by taking into account VAT or by adding clear warnings here. I've never used BO for pricing (I've always imported stock here), so I don't know how it works.. but does it mean that people who part out sets here are also guided by that same information? If so, that's a big problem. Because people will price items according to the history, then upon sale VAT is deducted, then their sales are recorded into that history. The result is a downward spiral of ever dropping prices. The race to the bottom is problematic and in my opinion harmful to the LEGO business, and also the reason why I've moved away from full-time selling.

Also the phrasing "In the past, in new condition, the parts have sold for X" is incorrect: They have sold for more than X, but X is what the sellers *earned* on the transaction.
  • So the price history is based on whatever the price of the item in the stores inventory is, it doesn’t take account of tax. So if its listed at £1 including 20% tax it’ll get stored as £1, not £0.80, so there shouldn’t be a race to the bottom if I understand your concern correctly
  • Oh, I see, ok :) So it records what the buyer paid. I misunderstood because Brickstock ignores VAT in the other way: By retrieving BL prices of all transactions excluding what buyers paid in VAT.
    So yes, that addresses my concern.

That leaves however one smaller issue: The "current" price. It remains unchanged whether I'm logged in or change my region to outside the EU. Assuming that that trick shows me what users outside the EU see, that single unchanging number must be either incorrect for those who have to pay prices with VAT or for those who pay prices without VAT.
  • Yes that's correct, it is basic and isn't adjusted for VAT so certainly isn't ideal
  • Not ideal but at least no serious skewing of prices going on or anything like that. Thanks for clearing that up and quick as well! :)