Opening our shop

Hello, my son and I are selling our Lego sets that we no longer need. I set up a shop (Steve and Fin's Brick and Block Store) and added some inventory, but I can't see where the setting is to open it. Can anyone help please?

Comments

• 16 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Ah, sorry, I just saw the small 'Status' menu in Settings.

The store is OPEN!
  • How do you add your own picture of your Lego set to your store inventory? How do buyers know what they are getting?
  • You can't (unlike BL). Just describe carefully if there's any issues and you can send pictures to a prospective buyer if needs be. Oh, and welcome to Brick Owl!
    James
  • Thanks Jay! My son (he's 9) is REALLY excited about having a shop. We're getting one started on BrickLink too, but they need all sorts of verification to start.

If you and anyone else could take a look at our prices to see if we're being reasonable or unreasonable that would be a big help. We used average selling prices here and on ebay to set them. We are always open to offers too!

Cheers, S&F
  • I think average selling price is a good place to start; you can always amend later down the line. I tend to go with a combination of the six month average and other UK sellers (sometimes referring to BL, although I don't sell on their platform). Be mindful that as your current inventory is quite small, both in quantity and variety, you may not sell things quickly but that may not be your current aim. Either way if you have any questions carry on posting on the forums (loads of helpful people out there to help) and Lawrence, the site admin, is always great when it comes to help.
  • Thanks Jay.

We'll be adding some Ninjago sets soon and also some Star Wars too. We just have to go through them all the checks all the parts are present. There are about 70+ sets to list in all.
  • Welcome to BrickOwl! What a great way to learn about running a business.
  • Thanks. He wanted to sell everything for £1 each. Err...
  • Welcome - it is very exciting to start your own store. Hope you do well :-)
  • I'll offer a £1 for Metalbeard's Sea Cow :D !!
  • Welcome to the show @Steve and Fin’s Brick and Block Shop.
  • Thanks all, the welcome has been great. No sales yet though. I'm thinking of having another look at prices and opening up shipping locations.

As a general rule, do used sets sell well on here and BL? Would we be better off on ebay for these types of sales and sticking to parts only for sites like this?

Cheers, S & F
  • all the best in your new venture!!!
  • Steve and Fin, I wish you and your new store great good luck and success! And what a wonderful way to teach your son about business in a FUN way, yet educate! :-)

Re your used set question, an advantage to here as well as BL is you can determine your price (I generally look at prices others are selling vs. what I paid and determine a price from there instead of going "average price"), set it, and forget about it until a customer comes to you.

You can of course do the same on eBay though as you can set a minimum bid amount. While eBay reaches a far larger prospective audience, I would suspect BO and BL gets you 100% of your target audience. It may be a question of how quickly you want to flip the items... I haven't sold on eBay in years, so I'm not the best judge.

Brickpicker.com is a good place to look at TURNOVER of LEGO sets on eBay and I think BL. That could give you a good idea if a particular set is in higher demand on one of the platforms over the other, as well as what people are paying for it. :-)
  • Excellent, thanks.

I've closed the shop while I sort inventory, prices and shipping locations.