Where to get shipping supplies?

edited October 2013 in General Vote Up0Vote Down
I am running out of supplies brought over from England, and cannot seem to find reasonably priced padded envelopes or mini/small zip-loks, in the US.

Any leads to sources appreciated - eBay is not my preference!

Thanks!

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I get my poly bags from http://www.ameripac.net/
    Bubble mailers from http://www.shippingsupply.com/

Both offer quantity discounts and email coupons. So don't forget to sign up for their Email list or you miss the coupons.
    Melissa
  • Uline I have had good success with, though by pickup and not shipped.

I make my own "bubble bags" with a sealer, and have really saved a bunch this way over pre-made mailers. The same sealer can seal/cut the tyvek envelopes I buy, so I can make to or three envelopes out of one for smaller orders that need that level of protection.

With my tape reinforced paper envelope and bubble bag combo I have the materials cost for my custom mailers down to 10-15 cents and maybe 20 seconds extra packing time.

For small ziplock I use the same sealer. I can get sandwich bags from costco for about 5 cents each the make them custom sized, 3 or more per bag with very little effort.

This helps if you work the cost of supplies into your prices and want to keep them lower, if you put it on afterwards it may seem like too much work.

• Why not ebay? I just bought (thanks for the reminder) 250 4x8 kraft bubble mailers for under $22, free standard shipping. That's less than $0.09 each. I buy my baggies (2x3 and 3x4) from local craft stores and Wal-mart for $1 per $100.

Brian
  • This time of year stores are stocking up on sales goods and will be throwing away bubble wrap in big armfuls. Ask around and you can get a bunch. Then use that inside regular manila envelopes- instant padding. Hobby Lobby has bags. Headshops do too.
  • USA prices.... would be nice.

Size does give context, 10" x 13" was the size I meant.
  • Thanks all - WoW things are expensive here! I think I will follow the leads to DiY packaging
    eBay? It's a silly principle thing I guess - following what they did earlier this year to a load of decent sellers they "didn't like" - maybe i'll just have to eat some humble pie!

Graham