UV and discoloration

edited October 2013 in General Vote Up0Vote Down
I have a question about my new LEGO room, having moved to the US from England - (you get more space for the money BTW)

My Wife has let me have a closet as my LEGO store - actually I have 2, before you crack any jokes - well no that's OK!!

Anyway as most here in US will know that "closets" are quite big - builders think about that when they build!

So this "walk in closet" is the size of a small UK bedroom -and it has NO windows which is good for both dust and no light.

Right now my question - the lighting is Fluorescent strip lighting, even tho wrongly named, will the small amount of UV emitted cause discoloration? I have the light on for several hours a day.

Thanks!

G

Comments

• 3 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • According to LEGO, the problem is "indirect light", whatever that is. But many people have reported discoloration in parts from sealed boxes. Best to avoid all light exposure- dark plastic totes are one cheap way. But even that may not protect everything.
  • Just keep your prices super low so your inventory keeps cycling through. Don't let it sit around. :D

Brian