Minifigures

HI
I have collected almost all of the collectable minifigure series and am wondering how best to sell my spares
Should I sell as sets with base and accessories or just the figure itself
Thanks for any help I may get
Laura

Comments

• 4 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • While I don't know the answer, I know how I'd figure it out for my own decision making: I'd select a sampling from the sets, then review Brickowl (and maybe another site) sales trends for those items as a CMF set, as an individual figure, and - after figuring out the rarest part of the CMF, such as a printed torso - as parted out. That will tell you among set, fig, or split parts which seems to have the most turnaround. The trick is picking the right sampling, e.g., looking at common vs. uncommon vs. rare CMF sets.

I have a serious analytical streak though, so that may be too deep for some folks to go! :-)
  • Hi
    Thanks
    Thats a good place to start
    If a set has a rare piece should I keep it as a set or part it out
    Not as analytical as you as you can see
    Laura
  • In my albeit limited experience, the rare parts tend to sell to other sellers that are finishing off assembling a CMF to sell as used. In that scenario, I'd personally look to see if there's any sales history on that subpart (like a printed torso or legs) or not vs. selling the entire set. The subparts won't have as much history if they're rare, but if there's a couple in the last 1-2 years sold, I'd probably actually split it out and sell them as parts.

You'll see faster turnaround (likely, at least - look at sales history again <s>) for a whole set, I would bet, so it becomes a "how willing am I to sit on this" scenario. It's all guesswork, but at least looking at histories gives you some data to contribute to your decision.

I, for one, have been patiently waiting for Luke Skywalker's printed legs to become available from the original Cloud City set - I have the rest of him. ;-)

I hope this helps a bit! And, if it helps, I'd also budget your time in your shoes (I am so behind on data entry for new parts I have it's not funny - as in 150 pounds worth of parts behind, at least - so my time is valuable to me! <s>) - I wouldn't spend as much time researching a CMF that averages to $4 new or used as a MF or CMFset vs. one that averages $20+ new or used, ya know?
  • Also if you haven’t assembled them just opened the package you could sell as new.