Don't you just hate it when...

You do a stock check and then a few days later someone buys an item and you can't bleedin' find it!?!

A new customer to BrickOwl too so not the best first impression. Argh.

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I had a situation last year where someone had ordered an angled Technic beam in yellow. Only ever had one on the inventory; never added to it, but couldn't find it and still can't! If it was a 1x1 round plate that had rolled under the sofa, or a colour that had got mixed in with a similar one, then fair enough. Still have no idea how a comparatively large piece just vanishes...
  • it happens to us all :)

I've had a few, even large parts which have just vanished from the drawers.

and I know it's my fault :)
  • Been there, @Hoddie ... either I enter the bin number incorrectly into the DB when I'm moving stock around when inventorying (at least I can figure that out usually - I use a last inventoried date in my personal comment field along with the bin ID, so I can see what bins were "in play" that day and find it that way) or yeah, something just rolls away on me, or popped out of the drawer accidentally and I didn't notice! :-(

I have one customer that has been very patiently and nicely waiting for me for SIX months to find a special, rare stickered slope (I'm about 3/4 through a full reinventory). I absolutely have it and held it in my hand just a few weeks before they ordered it, as I took the BO picture of the item. Teeth gnashing, sigh.
  • Sadly I swear sometimes things just vanish. Not so long ago I ruined a £15 minifig from my personal collection as I had sold a torso and then couldn't find it.

Still can't and I know I had it 100%. I remember specifically as it took a whole to find the part number for it.
  • Calibrick, I have been there. I bet that it is wherever you set it right after taking the picture.

Hoddie, I usually find the missing part after processing the refund and sending the apology.

My personal chagrin is finding a single part sitting on the packing bench after processing a big run of orders. Or worse, under the bench when it could be a month or more old.

Dawn
    Pretty_Pieces
  • Yep and me - its blinking annoying when you know you have it but just cant put your hands on it. What is worse is when you post the order off with remaining items then find it a couple of days later grrrr