BrickSync setup Error: Expected a string litteral for assignment

Hi just trying to setup up new brick Owl store and pull my bricklink inventory over with Brick Sync however I am getting the following Error: Expected a string litteral for assignment at line 10, offset 24

I think I have figured out the line it is in the bricksync.conf txt document:
// Do we want to automatically check for orders regularly? Otherwise, user has to type "check".
autocheck = 1;

It would seam my problem is here, but I don't know for sure

Any help would be greatly Appreciated.

Comments

• 16 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • In my bricksync.conf file, line 10 is the bricklink.consumerkey (32 characters between " ", followed by a ; )

On lines 10-13 you have to put your Bricklink API keys and tokens.
  • maybe the consumer key is added after the initial first run mine does not have consumer key
  • This is so frustrating when I have the ; behind my numbers I get errors on every line I put them on. If I take them out I get 1 error?
  • Can you post a copy of yours excluding your codes?
  • // General configuration

// Do we want to automatically check for orders regularly? Otherwise, user has to type "check".
    autocheck = 1;

// BrickLink configuration
    bricklink.consumerkey = 2F;
    bricklink.consumersecret = 0A...;
    bricklink.token = 3...;
    bricklink.tokensecret = 3976E...;

// Time in seconds between automated order checks, after a failed query and after a successful one
    bricklink.failinterval = 300;
    bricklink.pollinterval = 600;

// BrickOwl configuration
    brickowl.key = ao...;

// Time in seconds between automated order checks, after a failed query and after a successful one
    brickowl.failinterval = 300;
    brickowl.pollinterval = 600;
  • with that above I get multiple line errors
  • Be careful when editing that file, because it's easy enough to mess it up by adding or removing a single character.

Every variable that is a number should NOT have double quotes around it. Everything that is not a number should have. For example:

brickowl.failinterval = 300;
    bricklink.consumerkey = "2FXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX";

Also, every line should have a semicolon at the end (except comments, but those don't matter).

You're probably better off getting an unmodified version to get a clean start, and try again. And this time pay special attention to not remove any " or ;
  • OK my issue likely is the " thank you I thought that was stand in for your entry, I will give it a try and let you know if it works thanks a bunch.
  • OK that did the trick now I get a JSON parse error and ip mismatch token fails to retrieve, I seam to be making head way, I restarted my router and modem since i setup the ip stuff in brickling and owl would that effect this?
  • I tried redoing setup and new keys entered and i still get the ip token mismatch? same error. I started with a fresh notepad from original download Do I enter Ipv4 Address when in BL?
  • ==== HEADERS ====
    http/1.1 200 ok
    server: nginx/1.12.2
    date: fri, 08 mar 2019 04:18:45 gmt
    content-type: text/html;charset=utf-8
    content-length: 150
    connection: keep-alive

==== DATA ====
    {"meta":{"description":"TOKEN_IP_MISMATCHED: consumer: 2............9 IP: 154.81.198.126","message":"BAD_OAUTH_REQUEST","code":401}}
    ==== END ====
    Is the ip mentioned in error what I am suppose to have in BL API?
  • OK I had wrong ip I needed public ip it seams to be working thus far
  • OK made to end now I get Brick Owl HTTP Error
  • Thanks to all those who had input SOLVED