Questions On Lot Averages

So i started to use the lot average feature the other day and the way the caption spoke it didn't sound like a good thing to use. However i just packed an order that took around 2 hours. It was 81 lots, 407 pieces and only $6.29. Needless to say i feel i lost out terribly on a lot average of around i believe is $0.07.

For those that use this have you seen a decline in sales or complaints from customers? Has it even made a difference?

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I wouldn't say complaints are likely. It would be more the case that people look at your store and then don't buy.

IMO you will always get a few orders that take a long time to process, but these are more than made up for by those orders of a handful of minifigs, which take just a couple of minutes to deal with, and are hugely more profitable time-wise.
  • From my 'customer' perspective I usually ignore stores with minimum lot averages. Minimum order limits I can get my head round as a concept, but minimum lot averages... have I got to buy a certain amount of each lot, or is it an average of all the lots, or what? I believe any store (be it physical or online) should be set up to benefit the customer first and foremost. The moment that I have to try and work out how much I have to buy to benefit the seller is the moment I go elsewhere. I agree with White Horse Bricks that sometimes orders can take a long time to pick (and sometimes for not much financial gain), but that's how it is. That said, each to their own, and it must work for some stores so go with what suits you.
  • Similar to @Jay37 , I personally ignore stores with minimum lot averages - I find it a complete pain as a customer, he phrased my feelings from that POV really well. @White Horse Bricks captures my seller view really great, too.

Last Sunday, I spent 3 hours filling a pretty large lot order that was worth only $16. But along with that were several very small lot orders ranging from $0.60 to $80 that I was able to VERY quickly fill and post.

From my perspective, it all cosmically balances out. :-) I think my biggest pull thus far (in terms of lots) was just shy of 200 with a surprisingly low total cost... BUT that customer has also since returned numerous times with some quite generous orders.

As our peers note, it also comes down to what works for you as a seller! :-)
  • Thanks for the insite guys... or girls? The quality of the people i have talked with on this site is always so helpful.
  • I'll throw in my agreement with @White Horse Bricks @Jay37 and @Calibrick

And the only reason I even have a minimum order limit is the fixed PayPal fee.