Part Number error on original Lego instructions ?

I recently sourced all the parts to make the Ford Anglia car from the Harry Potter Whomping Willow Set using the Part Numbers from the Lego instruction book for that set and the Brick Owl inventory. Having made the car i found that I could not open the cars boot without it pushing the rear windscreen and the car roof out of place. It was in fact the rear windscreen that was the problem. It appears that there is an error in the original Lego instructions and the which lists the Part number for the rear windscreen as 6240532 which on the Brick Owl site corresponds to "LEGO Transparent Windscreen 2 x 4 x 2 (3823 / 35160 / 35260)" which is what I ordered. This windscreen however has a slope which it should not have and the correct part should, I believe be "LEGO Transparent Windscreen 2 x 4 x 2 Vertical (4594)". Can the inventory be changed to stop anyone else getting the wrong part ?

Comments

• 2 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @Flego_1955 you can modify the inventory for any set by visiting the set's inventory list and submitting the appropriate updates - I think inventories for sets import directly from LEGO.

I wonder if LEGO did a second edition of the instructions that addressed this (just idly curious)...? That is a bummer you ran into this! :-(
  • Unfortunately it looks like that was incorrectly linked in our system, that has now been updated