Price Change Error

Was just trying to change the price of an item (LEGO Plate 1 x 2 with Middle Ball (14417)) and it would not take affect. Error pop up as follows: Brickowl.com says: An error occurred while attempting to process /system/ajax: this[S89] is not a function. I have a screen shot if anyone wants to see.

Comments

• 23 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • @Lawrence

Trying now to issue a refund and receiving same error message. Cannot make adjustments to any box to fill in quantities for refund.
  • edited February 2019 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Same in Chrome and ME.
    All is fine when tried on (android) mobile device.
  • Thank you for reporting this, I may have found the cause, but I'm not certain, please do let me know if you see this again
  • edited February 2019 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Yes, it is still happening. Little bit frustrating to be honest. I have noticed some less than competitive pricing in my store and obviously I'm keen to change those prices.
    However, I do truly appreciate your efforts.

Thanks @Lawrence.
    P.S.
    Just noticed the error message is not exclusive to value/data changes in the boxes (Price, qty, Personal note). It also occurs when clicking to delete an item.
  • Would you be able to try clearing your browser cache and seeing that helps? Also could you let me know what "ME" is?

Thank you
  • ME = Microsoft Edge?
  • Thank you, @Lawrence.
    Clearing the cache appears to have fixed the issue.
  • @Lawrence.

The issue has returned. I hope I don't have to keep clearing the browser cache every day.
    Any ideas as to the cause?
  • So to clarify, this is a recent issue, that occurrs on the multiple forms on the website, in multiple browsers, but can be fixed by clearing the cache? Have you successfully been using the website for a period of time previously? I'm not able to reproduce this and it hasn't been reported by other users so it's very difficult to track down what could be the issue.

What may possibly help to diagnose it, in Chrome, if you right click on the page, and choose inspect element, you should be shown a window, where at the bottom there is a "Console", which may show Javascript errors. If this issue occurs again, if you could let us know if there are any console errors on the page, that may help. If Microsoft edge is your preferred browser, they also have developer tools which can access the console.

I do apologise that it is not an ideal situation
  • No Chrome is my preferred browser. I tried Edge just to see if the problem existed in an alternative.
    I have cleared the cache two more times but the problem remained - it would seem the 1st attempt was a one off. I will make a short video of my problem and post it privately to YouTube. I'll then post a link here.
    I'll include the console advice too.
  • Thanks for that, would you be able to screenshot/record just the console as you click on the submit button to change the price? The console is the only bit I need as that will show any Javascript errors or loading issues. Thank you
  • Yes I will record it after work tomorrow.
  • @waynstar That's very odd, those messages aren't from Brick Owl, and make reference to "subwayblaze.com". If that's not something you are familiar with, in the first instance I would be checking that the device has not been compromised with malware. Does the browser have any addons?
  • @Lawrence I clocked that too and was/am highly suspicious because it doesn't mean anything to me. However, benefit of the doubt, I thought it might be something to do with web page development - something I know very little about. But obviously not. I will look into it.

Thus far, it would seem that this is some kind of gaming add on my son has used. Grrr!!!
    I cannot see it in a list of apps to uninstall it but I'll have a google to find answers.
  • @Lawrence

No luck there. Obviously I went to the website but I could not submit a message to them. It seems that service is either fake or down.
    Nothing showing in Plug Ins. Nothing showing in apps. Have run a thorough/deep anti virus scan and no results - I keep this machine clean as a whistle anyway - it's new.
    My son claims he's never heard of the website but that could be a case of self preservation on his part. LOL!
    Since I had both Brickowl and subwayblaze.com open at the same time, all seems to work now. Only time will tell if that lasts.
    Sorry for wasting your time but I have never come across anything quite like it before.
    Fingers crossed.
  • @waynstar MalwareBytes is free, might be worth a download to see whether it gets rid of the problem.
  • @waynstar I'm a huge Malware Bytes fan, it's great, especially when partnered with an antivirus such as Avast.

I did some quick surfing out of curiousity, and it appears subwayblaze.com is pretty iffy. Zone-h reports they were hacked in July 2018, Scamadvisor reports they are a newer domain (less than one year old) owned by two different countries with no associated names (everything registered via proxy via GoDaddy) and if you look at the sites hosted on the domain, they are all a bit off, such as mozella.ru, moneymutual.com, etc. - look like phishing site names to me, personally.

I found one Microsoft answer re the site at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/edge/forum/all/microsoft-edge-closes-then-opens/1861de36-6706-4f95-97ce-21022217cbb3, it sounds like someone is having similar issues to you (scroll halfway down, another user joins in about a similar issue with that URL popping up). It then of course gets super technical and far beyond my ken, but you may have better luck than I deciphering the answer!

It def sounds like mal to me based on this limited info (am NOT an expert by any means, to be super-clear!). :-(
  • Thank @Lawrence, thanks @Calibrick .
    Yes, it all points to Malware. Currently running Malwarebytes - top tip that one. 36 items found!!
  • My husband works an IT help desk for his company; he frequently gets work laptops for recovery. The record he has found with various tools is currently 2100+ pieces of Mal and 200+ pieces of adware on a single machine (but... but... they only use it for work and NEVER ever would use it to surf <s>). :-)