Conflict of interests?

@Lawrence

Isn’t having an active store, selling on the platform you own, a little “shady”?

You have access to data none of us have, could be considered insider trading (albeit in a relatively small way)

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • What else could be the motivation to build an alternative marketplace for Lego if you do not want to sell your own lego ... ;)
  • I see no issue at all. I think it is better than having a platform that it's admins and staff don't use themselves, but still try to force functions that sellers don't want or need. At least Lawrence has the prospective of what it is to be one of his customers. I do bet though he gets a better deal on selling fees than we do :)
  • Im pretty sure he makes more money when other people sell stuff haha. He could push himself always for a featured seller and so on but havent seen him do that. Pretty sure its easier to let everyone else do the work selling and shipping while you just get paid. So i dont think he is fighting anyone for sales.
  • Golly gosh old chap, I think you're on to something there. Everyone knows that selling parts is where the BIG money is made. This whole Brick Owl thing is obviously just a front to channel all of the buyers to The Daily Brick! Nurse....
  • Thank you for the comments above. Personally I feel it is incredibly important that I am both a seller and a buyer, as it gives me the perspective necessary to develop the website. As mentioned it is also the reason Brick Owl was created in the first place
  • Yeah I have to say it is good that the admin is involved in the whole process instead of just trying to milk the most dollars possible. Some admins don't seem to give a rat's droppings about what sellers and/or buyers actually need to keep producing those bottom line dollars for them.
  • > @Bricksofloki said:
    > Im pretty sure he makes more money when other people sell stuff haha. He could push himself always for a featured seller and so on but havent seen him do that. Pretty sure its easier to let everyone else do the work selling and shipping while you just get paid. So i dont think he is fighting anyone for sales.

In any case, with almost 700k catalog contributions, he deserves it!!