Brickstore upload "merge"

edited October 2013 in Brick Owl Vote Up1Vote Down
I have a BrickStore file of parts to upload, and am seeking a little advice.

Basically does this work? BSX file into BrickOwl inventory.

I want to merge with existing inventory, what happens to the different "names"?

If that gets sorted out during upload then: -

Most of the options are self explanatory, except the last drop down of 2 options: -

"Create new lot if external ID is different"

"Merge and use existing external ID"

which do I select?

Thanks

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • I'm not sure what happens, but when you doubt like this, my advise is to make a backup of your current inventory first.

And I'm interested in how to handle your question as well.
  • If no-one has a definitive answer, I shall await a reply from "the boss" before proceeding ;)

I'd rather not rely on a back up!
  • I have a BrickStore file of parts to upload, and am seeking a little advice.

Basically does this work? BSX file into BrickOwl inventory.

I want to merge with existing inventory, what happens to the different "names"?

If that gets sorted out during upload then: -

Most of the options are self explanatory, except the last drop down of 2 options: -

"Create new lot if external ID is different"

"Merge and use existing external ID"

which do I select?

Thanks
    It works.

It seems that items are merged based on the item numbers and I do not think the name is used at all. Items will use the name available on Brick Owl.

When you have items in your inventory that have an external ID, this ID will be shown right underneath the "For Sale" checkbox. If you upload a bsx file this file may contain a lot ID (depending on how you created the file). The last drop down controls whether a new lot should be created or items should be added to an existing lot in your inventory when these numbers are different. If you parted out a set in BrickStore and you want to merge lots then you would need to select "Merge and use existing external ID" since the BSX file will not contain any lot IDs and items may need to be combined with lots in your inventory that have an external ID.

I requested this option:
    http://brickowl.com/forum#/discussion/720
    Without the ability to ignore the external ID a "Merge items" upload created many new lots in my inventory rather than adding the quantity to existing lots.

Gerrit

• Thanks much Gerrit

I shall give it a go and see :)

Graham