Affiliate source: foreign?

I got an order today with that affiliate source. Where is it from?

Comments

• 5 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • There are a couple of websites (Rebrickable and Wall of Bricks spring to mind), which aren't resale sites but nonetheless have catalogues of Lego pieces that people can refer to. These sites link into BO, offering someone a means to buy the pieces they want; essentially a basket is created there and ported over to BO. Just as you pay a commission to BO, so you will also pay to these sites if you have affiliate settings turned on in your store settings. These can be turned off if you want to, but they can be a potential kind of advertising for your store. I've had mine turned on for a fair while and have yet to accrue enough commission to pay yet, but I dare say bigger stores can offer other advice. On a side note I've occasionally seen the source as 'wishlist' so assume this is people buying direct from the wishlist function rather than browsing my store.
  • Also you don't pay direct to the websites (I think!) as I believe you pay to BO, as you would your normal commission, and then only when it reaches a certain amount. Otherwise it just keeps rolling over until you do need to pay.
  • edited February 2019 Vote Up0Vote Down
    That indicates that the order has come from one of our regional sites, currently we only use Brickowl.fr. I've updated the text to be slightly more descriptive. The regional sites are exactly the same as the normal site, but with the language preset, to help with regional SEO.
  • > @Jay37 said:
    > Also you don't pay direct to the websites (I think!) as I believe you pay to BO, as you would your normal commission, and then only when it reaches a certain amount. Otherwise it just keeps rolling over until you do need to pay.

Thank you! i know what the normal affiliate links are from, yes, rebrickable and WoB. However, i just saw this new one 'foreign', and didn't know where it was from. Lawrence explained that below you.
  • Yeah, realised from Lawrence's post that it was something different. That will teach me to read things properly in the future ?!