Wondering how long new items take to create

Hi.
1st off I think the way the catalogue is updated on brickowl is fantastic.

There does seem to be a lot of work to do though.

I am trying to update some primo items and created a figure 45219, but it seems to be stuck being created and If this is normal for new items that's fine.

Only reason I am asking is that the photos and simple update happen really quickly.

Gotta also give credit for the emails letting you know that you have made an error.

Regards
David

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • It varies, if it's easily checked (ie. minifigure from instructions) one to two days. Lawrence (site admin) verifies all catalog entries. So if he has a lot of entries before yours, it may be delayed.

Tyson.
  • That's good to know. Thank you.
    I will carry on updating photos, dimensions and weights and wait to update the new items.
    Regards
    David
  • So I got a email from admin regarding this figure. (again fantastic system)

The figure was already in the system but there is no way anyone would know as there is nothing within the entry to suggest it is the figure, No photo, no part number, no details apart from...
    LEGO Primo Minifigure
    nss.pri.oth.2003.02

I am glad that the admin were able to point me to the correct entry but how did they manage it.

regards
    David
  • I am now trying to update a Primo rattle, There are 23 blank entries for Primo 1x1 round rattles. 22 with decorations and 5 white (2 appear duplicates)

My question is how do I figure out which white entry is the correct 1.
    Part 31005, White with blue bottom, dungaree pattern and rabbit face.
    The following entries are for white.
    BOID - 108512, 688650, 473735, 393335 (2)
  • I believe early in BO, some new entries were created automatically linking to LEGO that had improper or no data (visible to us), but Lawrence can at times look at IDs that are not displayable to point us to the existing entry to fix.

If something isn't already in BO and it's a basic or decorated (not stickered) item, I usually just email him and ask him for the right entry ID - then I clean up the entry. If it's stickered and an older or really new item, it likely doesn't exist, so I jump right to item creation (which can take a few days to validate as noted).

In the case above, I would email brickowl.com and ask, he responds pretty quickly! It sounds like you hit an area that was poorly imported (or people created the entries and got them approbed, but then never bothered to update them properly, which is even more problematic at times).
  • @Calibrick
    Thank you, I suspected that there are a lot of dead entries.

Got some help using bricksync owlquery function to allow me to match the id`s.

So hopefully I can be some help with the catalogue, seems to be a more thankful task than updating bricklink.

regards
    David
  • @"Abel's bricks" which is awesome here is you earn "points", which you can cash in for BO front-page features for your store, or small LEGO sets, a month of no fees, etc. It really is a very nice touch, in my humble opinion!