Inventory editing - what is needed, and what format?

edited October 2013 in Brick Owl Vote Up0Vote Down
OK several questions within this.
I have many sets waiting for parting out - many OOP but already de-boxed.
I will give a specific example, so I know what is needed to be done.
Set # 8088 (ARC-170 Starfighter)

When I pull up BO catalog inventory.

1. There is a statement about "may not be complete". At what point, and/or what is needed so that it is considered "complete"?
2. "There is 1 item not matched" (Kit Fisto No 1) - what is needed and how to do?
3. Three Minifigs do not show with the "Break" tab again what is needed and how?
4. The Minifig parts are shown in adition to the complete figs - should I delete the parts? If so do I then create an inventory of those parts? and again How?

I am breaking 3 of these so could potentially verify this set.

I have come across several sets like this so I am in a position to help tidy up - just need instructions!

5.Last Q connected with other sets, there appears to be a new mold of 1x2 plate with 1 stud (/w stud holder?) in the inventories of some sets it appears in addition to one of the other types ie. it is not grouped as an alternate with the other types - which means it ends up as a false addition to store inventory (I only discovered this when searching for parts missing location - personal comment)

Anyone available to answer all 5 questions? - oh that'll be #6!! :))

Cheers G

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • Regarding 5:

http://brickowl.com/catalog/lego-plate-1-x-2-with-1-stud-with-bottom-groove-3794 holds all three options. The classic, the grooved, and the new one with bottom stud holder (15573). You shouldn't have to hunt for it, it's one of the options.

Other than that my understanding is that the inventories are coming directly from TLG replacement part services. They don't include licensed printed parts or molds so that could contribute to the not 100% accuracy of the set. Just check each part line by line.

Brian
  • 1. I'm not sure if they are ever considered 100% complete. This may just be a standard disclaimer.

2. I went ahead and submitted an inventory fix for this. TLG has multiple Item Numbers for the same part. Usually one per color of the part. Sometimes there are multiple numbers for the same color. In this instance the Kit Fisto part came back from the inventory obtained in the TLG replacement service (like Dags mentions above) with a new number that wasn't already in the system. I just went to the Kit Fisto head page (http://www.brickowl.com/catalog/lego-kit-fisto-head-59608), went to the specific color for this part (Sand Green), and then updated the part by adding the 6019847 Item No.

3. This is because those three minifigs do not have inventories themselves. I went ahead and submitted the inventories for them by going to the catalog page for each one, edited the minifig, and submitted an inventory. Once admin approves the inventories you should see the Break option on these.

4. Once (3) above is done, you won't see the minifig parts unless you hit the 'Break' button. No need to delete the parts. The system is smart enough to collapse the parts in the inventory into the minifig.

5. Can you provide an example of a set with this scenario?

• I just noticed something. The Sand Green Kit Fisto head which is associated with the Kit Fisto minifig has a yellow color band.

The part that the 8088 inventory is complaining about not having a match for has a dark red or reddish brown color band.

Are there two different heads for this minifig?
  • (like Dags mentions above)
    "Dag" actually, since I haven't been able to add a possessive apostrophe on most servers. It breaks the html or something. :)

Think Dag's Bricks.

Brian

• ^ Gotcha. My apologies, Dag.
  • Was trying to make the inventory for the minfigs in set 10218 (Answer 3), but I can not figure out how to add and find those minifigs in the set. Does anyone has a clue?

• 5. Can you provide an example of a set with this scenario?

Yup Ghost Train 9467 - White plate with 1 stud (3794) appears as 1 of 2 alternates (w & w/o groove) then further down is listed as 15573 (with stud holder)

Also 10230 Mini-Modulars - both 15573 in white and MSG are showing as above