Help Downloading orders to excel?

Hello Forum Friendlies,
I'm trying to download orders to excel and having challenges:
I'm using:
Orders, Download,
Report type: Orders
File type: CSV
multiple date ranges tried

I get the download file, excel opens up, and there is no spreadsheet. Just the empty excel window. Anyone have ideas? I've tried in both chrome and edge.

Thanks,
Dawn
Pretty_Pieces

Comments

• 7 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • UPDATE: Not a brickOwl issue. Seems to be an excel problem. Going to google, but if anyone has suggestions, I'm working above my pay grade on this one.
  • Further Update: Workaround is that I save the download separately, then open it in excel, but each time I have to change the file type to "all files" since it is currently defaulting to "all excel files" which prevents the data from loading.
  • Huh, how odd - I do this weekly using Excel 2010. I don't even have to save it first, I straight open it then copy/paste raw numbers over to a preformatted workbook I maintain.

Do you think there is something up with your local Excel settings (check under options)? Have you tried downloading a different report, such as clicking on your Account tab and downloading all your history from that? Can you download .csv and open them directly upon download (without having to "save as") from other sites, such as PayPal, ok?

Off the cuff, I'm stumped, have never run into this, which makes me wonder if it's a setting locally?
  • Here's a thought - do you have the .csv file type ASSOCIATED to MS Excel in Windows? That could be it. I think it's start menu --> default programs --> associate file type (then you pick .csv and tie it to Excel).
  • Only an idea, but some excel files have different extensions, could that be the issue ?
    https://www.whatisexcel.net/excel-file-extensions.html
  • @Reddwarf4ever, you officially have my favorite username! ;)