Why is BO so popular in the UK?

I see that a big part of my orders are from the UK, and when I looked at the the stores list, I saw that a couple pages of stores were from the UK.

Why is it so popular in the UK? I know that it is from the UK, but it why, apart from that?

Comments

• 11 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • guess its down to ease of use,easy to find what your after , and the price you see is what you pay unlike others where there are hidden charges which show up on check out
  • Fantastic site
    Easy to use
    Great to be a part of
  • Ease of use. Modernity. Design.
  • Ease of use and far superior to BrickLink.
  • edited January 2019 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @Brick_Top I think 'patriotism' may play a big role, that and most likely more 'google' hits in UK because of BO's origins.

Things like 'easier to use',' fantastic', 'modern', 'superior to BL', 'seeing' all costs, are no criteria to have more members in UK or being more popular in the UK, as those things are probably not exclusively observed by Britains only, but by all people finding/exploring this site ;-)
  • edited January 2019 Vote Up0Vote Down
    My "top" destinations on BO.

United Kingdom 15.8 %
    United States 14.5 %
    Belgium 10.5 %
    France 10.2 %
    Germany 9.10 % (will drop, as I currently don't ship there due to the new 'packaging' law)
    Australia 5.2 %
    Netherlands 5.16 %
    Italy 4.15 %
    Canada 3.03 %

Those countries therefore represent around 81% of my orders.

Same countries as my top on BL BTW, although not in that same order.
  • Great site, easy to find what your looking for, trustworthy stores, people we can trust, good prices - friendly helpful people - well that's my opinion anyway but of course I am biased :))
  • > @robernat said:
    > @Brick_Top I think 'patriotism' may play a big role, that and most likely more 'google' hits in UK because of BO's origins.
    >
    > Things like 'easier to use',' fantastic', 'modern', 'superior to BL', 'seeing' all costs, are no criteria to have more members in UK or being more popular in the UK, as those things are probably not exclusively observed by Britains only, but by all people finding/exploring this site ;-)
    >
    >
    >

You understood my question :-D

I wasn't asking why it was good, but why it seems to be more popular in the UK relative to other countries. I thought the same, since it is an UK site, it probably is why.
  • I'm getting the same percentage of UK buyers here as I do on the other site.
  • It's because us Brits rock ;)
  • @Pippyblocks I sure hope you don't 'rock' the way T.May does LOL