Attracting customers

A few months ago I opened a store to try to sell off some of my Lego. I have a smaller amount of listings, and was just wondering what would set my store apart from the others. To date I have had 116 people look st my store but no sales. Thanks for any and all replies!

Comments

• 6 Comments sorted by Votes Date Added
  • The biggest thing is to get more stock listed. You only have 15 lots and they are all quite common parts. Many people aren't going to pay shipping on a couple of common parts that they can get elsewhere at the same time as other parts they are looking for.

Also, when looking at your store, it didn't give me any shipping options other than to request a quote. If you don't already, I would recommend getting some shipping options set up.
  • 1. You have very few parts, in strange colors that are not really desirable by themselves, most of the time. Most people are looking for variety, to save on shipping costs when they can get all of the items from 1 store.

2. I don't know where you ship to, but you don't ship to my country, Spain, which means that you don't ship to some countries where potential buyers could be.

Hope this helps.
  • Echoing the other responses, you have very few parts, so the intersection of people looking for items, and you having them available is going to be very small.

To be realistic even with a few thousand parts, unless you have very rare items, or they are very cheap, you will see very few purchases.

Also I can't buy from you even if I wanted to (UK). I know international postage from the US is relatively expensive, but you could well be losing 25% of your potential buyers by not posting internationally.
  • as a buyer i have just looked at your store and sorry to say you have nothing listed that would be of any use to me and i guess anyone else i would go out to all the cheap shops and markets and buy a few quids ( dollers) worth and increase you stock ,also would set shipping up as i do not buy from stores that show no shipping quote and i guess a few others do the same good luck though not easy to run a store :)
  • Thanks for all of the replies guys! i believe I have some less common parts I just wasn't sure if they would sell. Thanks again!
  • Another thing is to have low expectations. The only way you will sell regularly is if you A. sell off your lego to the highest bidder on a second hand site B. become a professional seller making this your job. In another scenario you're looking at sales that will not be worth waiting for and that will just pop up sporadically when you didn't expect it. Just a nice little bonus that's best forgotten about until it pops up.

Just saying it, it's better to know it from the start than to sit and slowly get frustrated over the months/years.